My niece Lauren is quite the athlete.
And she's quite the gymnast.
And she had a little meet (or a 'show', as she called it, so she wouldn't be nervous).
And she was awesome.
And as proud as I was of her while she was performing on the beam, the uneven bars, the vault, and nailing her floor routine (big, huge, barely able to see through my camera lens, tears), I have never been prouder than when she politely and noticeably nudged (slightly pushed) her way up to the top of the podium so she was the only one standing in the winners spot.
That's the difference between mediocrity and excellence…that extra 'push'.
And she's got it.
And she's a pretty big deal
And I am pretty darn proud of her.
6 comments:
She looks like a real gymnast! Good thing Hads retired.
Ugh! 1st it posted my comment 3 times, then when I deleted it, it took them all away! Sheesh.
Anyway...it was supposed to say, "What a sweet post, thanks for posting all these pics, fun to see them. She was so thrilled to have you all there, such a lucky lady to have such a big cheer squad!"
Lauren is amazing! Is she really doing hand stands and walking on balance beams and swinging on the bars? I am so impressed. Way to go, Lauren!
Post a Comment