Rock N Roll.
2012.
Defeated again.
I cannot seem to conquer this course.
(meaning finishing the run in under 4 hours).
This is my third time running it.
(meaning finishing the run in under 4 hours).
This is my third time running it.
And this year they switched it up a little...
and it sucked.
Big time.
I wanted to quit at mile 15.
But somehow tricked myself into thinking 11 more miles wasn't that much further.
At mile 23 I was begging to have a seizure.
No dice.
However, there is no greater feeling than crossing that finish line.
Of course, by the time I ran the 0.2 miles, straight up a hill, to the finish line, I really couldn't feel anything at all.
But I am sure that means it was great.
But I am sure that means it was great.
Why do people do these again?
And I will most definitely do it again.
I am an idiot.
11 comments:
. . . speaking of idiot . . . maybe you can join Josh on the Ragnar next year - 200 miles in 24 hours - no problem for you!
only you would would think to flip someone off mid marathon. how you had the energy to flip not only one, but two of those birdies up... is lost on me. you are awesome meg! really, really awesome. and so dang cute in your running gear.
Barftastic. 11 miles is a long way to get mentally mind fucked.
Mile 23 is possibly the best and worst feeling. only 3 miles, but effing three more miles.
Congrats, friend.
Ps. seattle? I hear the weather if you were slower was pretty miserable.
Frank looks unimpressed, but I'm amazed and astounded. Well done, Missy. I assume this is much like childbirth, you mostly forget all the horrible parts as soon as it's over?
I forgot to say. I think you're impressive.
just that you do it is a win. Maybe if the under 3 wasn't so elusive you would stop being interested??
haha! of course you will do it again - nice work :)
Well the fact that you were able to come to a 4 yr old b-day party right after was pretty impressive if you ask me!
you inspire me to get off my lazy ass and go running. for 5 minutes on a flat surface. love you hot mama.
p.s. i ran today. for 2 blocks at a time. booyah!
Post a Comment