Wednesday, December 19, 2012

miserable.


This little guy got the flu, the true blue flu, I am talking 1918 pandemic style flu.
He was so, so, sick.
And I kept telling myself, when his lips and fingertips turn blue...we are heading to my work.
Thankfully, he stayed pink...and only required a visit to our PMD, some steroids (because this one ALWAYS gets croup with any respiratory virus...it's lovely), and some serious downtime (which was also lovely).
But he survived...and so did we...and I got all of my Christmas wrapping done.
So, thank you, Carson's wimpy immune system.
And thank you Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

3 comments:

A.B. said...

Boo. Yuck. hiss.

Are hot toddy's still prescribed?

My ONLY complaint when G is sick is that he doesn't sleep at night. Other than that... snuggles.

I hope Carsie is better and climbing the walls again soon.

Laurie said...

why did this just show up today? your blog is weirdsville. And poor pitiful Carsie, he and Cara need to hang out together. She always gets sick at Christmas, has done since she was a baby.

And I will send over my "chest protector" that I knit as part of my Weldon's project. Dates from 1895, slap on some Vicks Vaporub and cover w chest protector. Itchy and stinky, but good for that croupy chest!

Bree Soncrant said...

Poor buddy :( My youngest always gets Croup too and I hate it! the sound freaks me out! Glad you all survived :) Happy New Year!