I knew I didn't want one. From the moment we found out little man was breech and the doc told me he was not getting out the old fashioned way, I knew things weren't going to go well. She said it would be a piece of cake, others lied and said they were great...but I knew better. So here I sit...IN THE FREAKING HOSPITAL again. Two E.R. visits later, after 5 different phone calls to my OB's office throughout the week, a bottle of Tylenol, ibuprofen, and percocet down, after xrays, ultrasounds, and cat scans, twelve days after my heinous C-section...finally a reason for my wretched pain and unrelenting fevers. Ready for it:
Septic Pelvic Thrombophlebitis.
Say that 10 times fast. Shoot, give you a dollar if you can say it once. Basically I have blood clots in my pelvic veins, because of an infection, resulting from having...you guessed it...a c-section.
So here I sit on IV antibiotics, on blood thinners, after googling the worst that could have happened to me was death, and I think about poor Carson who has almost spent more days in the hospital than out of it, poor Hadley who has become an orphan, poor Ryan who has been a single father to 3 needy kids, one far less cute than the other two (you pick who fits where). And where does that leave me...well, it leaves me with a very, very, very, very, very good excuse for why I have no pictures of my adorable baby boy, who entered this world almost two weeks ago...and has squat on this blog to show for it.
Carson, we love ya buddy. Even though you may always wonder why you were born on November 22nd, and I didn't brag about you until well into December. I promise to do something far worse in the future to help you forget about this. Oh, and not to place blame or anything, but really...this is totally your fault. If you would have just gotten a freakin' map!
xoxo
Your clot-having Mama.

21 comments:
Poor poor mama. So not fun. Hope you get out of there FAST and get to go home and chill out and feel
Good again. Glad they finally figured this one out.
Blahhhh...thinking of you and wishing for you to be quickly homebound so you can comfortably lounge with the whole family. And sorry for the hounding about Carson. I am dying to check him out but I think I can wait :) xoxo.
Oh, Megan. That's just awful! I hope they get this taken care of so you can truly enjoy that adorable baby boy and being a family together.
Oh Meg, now I feel horrible. I promise I wasn't lying. What are the chances?!!! I am keeping you all in my prayers for a quick recovery so that you can get home and enjoy that sweet little man and gal of yours! Please let me know if there is ANYTHING you need. I am off all week and would love an excuse to come see that little man.
No worries Jen, i totally forgive you;).
I am sorry about your c- section. MAybe I lied to you as well about them, but come on you were about to have one! I am glad things are getting better.
Lets face it there is nothing pretty about getting cut 7 layers. Trust I've done it twice.
Lets compare scare soon my friend.
Still impressed at what a good faker you are:) Can't wait for you to be home so you can enjoy that sweet boy and be with Miss Jane again. Plus, you are on maternity leave- hello, we need to meet for coffee and do fun stuff!
YIKES!! okay, no one told me about this possible complication and I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the C. So sad for you and your clot filled veins.
Carson, i've got your back. Soooo not your fault, your mama should have embraced the C and then her bod would not have been so crazy!
Meg, What can I bring you? Beer? Mac and Cheese? Candy? You name it, you got it! Text me!
xoxo
Glad someone finally brought you a laptop so you can use those wasted hospital hours in a practical fashion. AND why didn't you tell us about Florence Nightingale your night nurse (or sneak some pictures)!? I'd have died to see the full crisp white uniform AND white hose. Rest up, get rid of those circles under your eyes and get home soon. Love you doll and it was soooo nice to get to hold CARSON! for such a long time. He is presh.
Oh I agree with Lavs - PLEASE get a pic with Flo before you leave the hospital!!! And sorry you are in the hospital, thanks for letting us come hang for probably way too long! Your kid is pretty dang perfect, other than the whole directionally-challenged thing (but he is a boy after all)... :D
what, i can't believe this! go for the IV dilaudid! i hope you get home with carson soon. i am thinking of you!
Meg this is serious. I googled that dinosaur of a word and it said that 1 in 2,000 women suffer from it. I always knew you were a rare gem, but come on, the blood in your pelvic didn't need to get all clicking and cluster up to prove it. Did you hear me Meg's pelvic?!?! Thrust once for yes.
I miss you. Recover quickly so we can resume book club. xoxo
oh balls. that really blows. sorry meg. thinking about you guys. i want to nuzzle carson. hugs to you and your pelvic.
Aha - I knew better than to bug you about posting because I had a feeling something like this was going on. With Henny Penny I had a uterine infection and infected incision as well which had to be reopened, left open to weep and stuffed with guaze for a few days. TMI. So, I hear ya'! I am so sorry, C-Secs are not all that bad, I swear! You just got lucky. :) Big cyber hugs, as I know you could not sustain any real hugs right now. We love you!
Meg, you are too much! I love that you're as hilarious as usual on your blog even when it's about something as crappy as having septic pelvic thrombophlebitis. (yes, I can say it and spell it! Can I have my dollar please? It can go towards all the dollars I owe from learning how to say it & spell it.)
I hope you get home soon!
Just realized my faker comment might not sound right. I was referring to how you were chatting and hanging out with us on Friday night, even though you had a fever and were in pain. NOT that you are faking this...assumed you knew what I was talking about but decided I should be sure! oops!
I love you.
I love you too Meg...and am so, so, so, so sorry. Wish I was closer and had a tad less on my plate so I could help. Praying for a quick recovery. Smooches! xoxo
This frickin' sucks and I was so sorry to hear about it. Jon and I have been feeling SUPER guilty for not dropping a dinner by and squeezing you four, but when he talked with Ry this wknd - sounds like you had barely been home. Whew. Kidding but get better and keep on los drugas. Love you - call you this week. xoxo
well shit
cheers to IVAB
What a pain! So sorry you have been dealing with this. Hopefully things are much better now!
Post a Comment