I am still wearing my medal around my neck...and the race was two weeks ago.
26.2 miles in under 4 hours.
Done. And done.
It only took 4 tries. Yes. Four flippin' tries!
The first two marathons I ran I had just found out that I was pregnant....the day before the race. So I was in a state of euphoria, in no hurry, and just wanted to get to the finish line safe and sound.
They were wonderful.
(Okay, lets be honest, the first marathon was miserable, awful, hateful, and I vowed I would never do another...but marathons are much like childbirth...you forget).
The third one I thought I had in the bag.
I didn't.
I was pissed.
I missed my goal by 1 minute and some change.
So I signed up for the fourth marathon, the same night I finished my third one.
I was bound and determined to conquer 26.2 miles...in under 4 hours.
And it just about killed me.
It was the windiest most agonizing race of my life. There were weather advisory warnings that morning on the TV. By mile 24 I was literally in tears and felt like I was running in place. I had red marks all over my face from where my hair was whipping me. It was ridiculous.
But we did it.
(For the record...Ry finished his very first marathon in 3:58. Show off).
I don't know what it is about finishing a marathon in under four hours...but in the running world...it means you're legit.
And now, I am officially legit.
Too legit to quit.
MC Hammer would be proud.
Bellingham Bay Marathon September 2011.
15 comments:
please make this your xmas card, you can photo shop the kids in:)
Keep this up and you will be running with Josh In the Boston Maration next year!
yo mama is proud too. (even with the over 4 hour time!!)
that's amazing. You guys are road warriors for sure.
may I please get doubles of this picture, just LOVE it - so funny! YOU are amazing, that's a lot of miles and combine them all together with all the training you've done and you should have just ran to San Diego. You are legit. XOXO
I think I'd rather have root canal.
my worst nightmare. running. and being timed. happy for you though. congrats. p.s. you look so much like your mama here!
yep, i think you need to blow that bad boy (pic) up. And, i give you mad props. I can't even finish a 5k.
I THOUGHT about doing the Keeney's to Keeney back in the day - but it made me tired . . .
You make me want to sign up for one now! It has been too long:)
Amazing and inspiring.
and i thought you were done after you cracked 4. word on the street is you're as ready as ever for MORE.
Congrats. That is awesome.
Holy sh*t! You just gave birth less than a year ago and you finished a marathon in less than 4 hours. It takes me nearly 2 hours to run 6 miles and I was proud of that (sad). Way to go, Meg! Pretty incredible in my book.
so proud of you! had no idea you ran this marathon. good for you!!! you look so much like your mom in this pic. and you even manage to look cute in a marathon. you really are amazing. congrats meg!! and i love ryan in this pic with you!
Um kick ass. You are offically my hero, and I may have forgotten enough to do another one? I vow to NOT be pregnant on my next one.
Under four? Wowsaz.
Post a Comment