Sunday, October 16, 2011

so a horse walks into a bar.

Ryan turned 32.  
We headed to Leavenworth with two of our nearest dearest.
We went for a run.
We went to Oktoberfest.
  And it all went downhill from there.
Very quickly.

Deal was, whomever came in last in the run, out of our little foursome, had to wear the horse head to Oktoberfest.  Guess who lost....?
Yours truly.
I felt like Mickey Mouse.  You have no idea how many photo ops I posed for.  Funny thing is, I smiled each time.
Steve Lawson's house (the rental we stayed at through VRBO). 
We didn't get to meet him, but we stayed at his home. 
And the only reason we know his name is because his inhalers were laying around in the master bedroom (all six of them), and his sonicare was in the bathroom. 
I am guessing Steve is overweight, with sleep apnea, and a wicked case of COPD. 
But I am just spit balling.
Ryan, you are my kryptonite.
Happy birthday babe.

8 comments:

Sarah K said...

You make a horse head look goooood. Happy Birthday to Ryan!

Lis said...

That post made me laugh out loud. What a fun trip!

Laurie said...

That is great! LOVE that you smiled for all the photos even w the horse head on. But pls throw that horrifying thing out now. PS you should have brought the Beer Sweaters on this trip!

Katie said...

Love. All of it

Anonymous said...

So fun.....2013 here we come! Win the Course or you wear the horse! I think the horse might need some German gear next year.

Meg said...

Are we skipping 2012?
Oh, and KL...I stole 'you are my kryptonite' from you. Well said when you talked about my boys 'gaps':).

Sue said...

Um - all funny and good - but the "family" photo with the hand down the lederhosen (?) - a little creepy . . .

Jocelyn said...

such fun pics. you prentices sure now how to live it up. what i love so much about you.! happy bday to ry. nice socks meg! nice horse head. i love that being in our 30's still feels like our 20's. especially after looking at these pics. xo