Tuesday, October 11, 2011

vote.

My mom is running for Northshore School Board. 
She's crazy.  This woman has not one ounce of free time, yet she's willing to sacrifice what little time she does have for something she's so deeply passionate about.  And for free.  I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know she will get it done... and I know she will do it with gusto.  And I know, without a doubt, we will all be better for it. 
She works out every single morning at 5am, she works full time and often late into the night (or early into the morning, however you want to look at it), she watches my grandma every Tuesday and watches my two kiddos (and my two nieces) every Wednesday, she makes dinner every single night, and she never says 'no' to an invite from anyone.  Somehow she always finds (makes) time for one more thing.  And now she wants her 'one more thing' to be fighting for our schools, our teachers, and our kids. 
That's what I like best about my mom.  She's a 'go-getter'.  She's doesn't sit around and complain...she just gets things done.  She's little talk and a whole lot of action (that's why she was so popular in high school...kidding!)  If she wants change...she makes change.  And she always seems to make that change good change.
She was the mom that led by example.  She was the mom that never missed an important event.  She was the mom that would whip up 2 dozen cupcakes for you when you forgot you needed them the next day, and sheepishly told her about her about it at 9pm.  She was the mom who was PTA president and/or a School Board member my entire Northshore school career because it was SO important for her to be involved.  She is the mom that would much rather see us kids, try and fail, than easily succeed.  She was the mom that never, ever let us quit anything we 'signed' up for...not matter how much we whined.  She was the mom that made us sweep the sports court with a broom instead of using the leaf blower.  She likes a little elbow grease.
Actually, she likes a lot of elbow grease.
You want this gal on your side (trust me...she's quite the grudge holder).  You want her on your side because she will go to bat for you with every ounce of who she is.  She wants what is best for our community, she wants what is best for our beloved teachers, and most importantly, she wants what is best for our kids.
She is a champion at fighting for those she loves.
You see...this lady is nothing short of amazing. 
She's the most loyal, hardest working, most unselfish person I have ever met. 
And she is always willing to give the most precious gift of all time...
hers.
Some of you know her as Zaide, some call her The B, others know her as Mrs. Davis, maybe you've known her as MaryBeth, and some just know her simply as B-Z...but me...I am the lucky one who gets to call her mom. 
VOTE FOR B-Z DAVIS
NORTHSHORE SCHOOL BOARD POSITION #3
Check her out.
Then vote for her.
And tell two more people to do the same.

19 comments:

Lis said...

Such a sweet post. Already can see her taking off her glasses to wipe the tears. She's lucky to have you too.

A.B. said...

She has my votes.

And sounds like my moomsy.

Laurie said...

ok now I'M wiping the tears away. You have captured The B perfectly. I have known this gal her entire life, shared a room, fought with her, been envious of her perfect ways, and loved her for the great sister and person that she is. And Northshore School District is incredibly lucky that she lives in Bothell and some other school district didn't get her (Lake Stevens, you lose)

She's the best! and if she doesn't win in a landslide, well you people in Bothell need to "Occupy Main Street" until the city comes to its senses.

Heidi Bruch said...

Mmmm... Sounds like you take after her, Missy. She kinda rocks. I was meaning to call you to tell you I saw signs for your famous mama all over bothell last friday when we went to visit nana at work. Go, BZ!!!

Katie said...

perfection. (both your post AND your mom...)

and if i was lucky enough to live in the northshore s.d. i would definitely vote!!! :D

Jocelyn said...

i'll do my part. not only by voting but by taking down dawn's signage in my neighborhood. it's the least i can do:)

Michelle said...

Beautifully written and 100% true - B-Z is an absolute wonder and an awesome woman. I am lucky to call her friend.

Laurie said...

PS. Megan, I don't think this will get you out of door-belling...

Nicole said...

B-Z really can I be like you when I grow up?

AMAZING.

Anything I can do, I am SO into this kind of thing.

Jenna said...

ill be voting,i had no idea the several times ive talked to her that she is BZ!I probally seemed like an idiot!

Anonymous said...

you need to add that she got 2nd in the Mud Run.....and she might find a whole new group of supporters:)

Anonymous said...

oh Meg....when you do something you love it never seems like a job. I love you and that has always come as easy as taking my next breath. your humbled mama.

Megan, Ryan, Addi & Brady said...

I think she should run for President...she sounds way more qualified than those other yahoos. Your Mom sounds amazing...she'll get the votes in our house! :)

Loosy said...

Wowzers. The women in your family don't play. Your mom is making me feel REALLY lazy and at the same time totally inspired. I'll never forget running into her at the Children's Museum, while she had 12 kids hanging off of her with the calmest demeanor. Meanwhile I had one kid and was frazzle city. Let me know if you want me to pass out flyers. :)

Sue said...

Just think what could be accomplished if we were ALL a little bit like the B - if we could just emulate ONE thing that she does. The world would be a better place for sure. New motto:
WWBZD???

Cara said...

Love the motto, Sue!

Val said...

Well said Megan! She has our vote of course:)

Laurie said...

Susna, we will have to chant "WWBZD" all weekend as we are packing boxes. Another of her amazing talents is being super organized. Maybe we need to start listing the stuff she is NOT good at. BC we don't want her to get all conceited or anything. :-)

katy said...

would vote for her in a ♥ beat. good luck bz!!!!