Wednesday, October 2, 2013

broccoli tale.

There once was a boy who wouldn't eat his broccoli.
He wanted nothing to do with it.
At all.
But then he heard sirens, and we told him it was the Police coming to take him away for not eating his broccoli.
The boy believed us.
And I guess he really likes us, because he gobbled up the rest of his broccoli without flinching.
And promptly asked if we would tell the Police 'to not come get him now.'
Parenting is so easy sometimes.
And cruel.
The end.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

best story ever. we have a similar one about racoons. luke is deathly afraid of them, and i use those racoons any chance i can!

Val said...

great pics! The other night we had broccoli when he was over and he didn't want to eat it. Hadley told me to tell him the police were coming. I was so confused. He did eat most of it though! He is hilarious!

Laurie said...

Hahaha that is rich! Love this guy and his daily confusion about life. Tony is this way about mushrooms, I may use the police story on him.

Sue said...

whatever it takes, I say - at least it will give him fodder for therapy . . .

fiona westover said...

The photos are amazing. Really capture his every emotion.
You are the world's best mom. Choosing your boy's nutritional health over his mental health. Way to Go!

Amy D. said...

Those are some serious parenting skillz. Right on.

MrsAngieW said...

I told Sammy this tonight thinking it might work on him. He made me show him pictures online and so I googled "kids getting arrested" and told him they hadn't eaten their veggies so they were going to jail ;) yeah he freaked and ate everything. I better save up for therapy costs