Monday, August 30, 2010

my morning gal.


I love Hadley in the mornings.  It's my absolute favorite time with her.  She is SO happy, has a gazillion questions about the plans for the day, is all about breakfast, and getting her babies ready, and picking out her outfit.  She's just gabs from the minute I open her door...until the very end of the day. 
So, when I found this little note from my mom in an old suitcase of mine (a Hello Kitty suitcase...jealous?) that my grandma gave to Hadley I couldn't help but smile.  Sounds like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree:

Dear Meg,
I miss you already.  But know you're having fun at Jenny's and that makes me glad.  Grandma will pick you up in the morning, but call Kipper at home to find out what's going on.  I will miss my little yakee-doodle in the morning, you are my favorite part of the day!  I love you,
xo
Mom
P.S.  Share juice sticks with everyone.

Sounds like maybe I had a little problem with sharing too.

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

the apple most def. doesn't fall from the tree. what a great find.

Heather Conniff said...

what were juice sticks, I don't recall? sweet note!

Loosy said...

I agree with your people above. What a gorgeous, TALL, daughter you have.

fiona westover said...

I think the Tree and Apple are You and Your Mom! I can definitely hear you calling someone a "Yakee Doodle" and I know you have no mom issues with high fructose corn syrup.

Susie said...

I l.o.v.e that she had to remind you to share.

LOVE!

Laurie said...

um, mother, daughter, granddaughter = 3 yackee doodles. Great note and LOVE Grandma Shirley for saving every single toy you and Kipper ever had!!!! Also, Baba used that phrase (Yackee Doodle) in a business meeting and only after he said it did he realize it was a Sundstrom-ism, not something every Tom, Dick and Harry uses. :-)

zaideafraidey said...

Megs I have loved every minute of being your mom (and still do) glad you are experiencing some of the same joys.

Unknown said...

Of course you were a bad sharer. Need I remind you that we only let Katie use the Barbie mall after we were done playing with it, and then the poor bean had to play by herself...

Katie said...

ditto the Archie comics. but she did share...eventually (or on threat of death from her mother, more likely)