Thursday, August 12, 2010

when the new baby comes...?

Hadley is ALL about her new little brother or sister (she's pulling for a brother...I told her to brace herself because it could very well be a sister, she told me 'no thanks Mama, I just want a brother'.)  Probably 72 times a day (or more) she starts a sentence with "When the new baby comes _______?" (fill in the blank).  She's very curious as to where the baby will sleep, who will change the baby, who will feed the baby, who will hold the baby, etc.  And sometimes her "when the new baby comes...?" questions make me smile a bit.  Here are a few of her latest:

When the new baby comes will it have ears?
When the new baby comes will it know how to cry or will you need me to teach it how?
When the new baby comes will Rudy think it's food and eat it?
When the new baby comes will it have clothes on or will it be nakedini?
When the new baby comes will you buy it it's own toys so it doesn't play with mine...because my toys are special.
When the new baby comes will it like beer?
When the new baby comes will it be sad when I go to school because school is not for babies?
When the new baby comes will it have a rash so we can put bottom cream all over it?
When the new baby comes will it get in trouble for potty talk too?

There's a lot to think about before this kid gets here. 
Oh, and she is the official 'baby stuff' tester-outer.  I don't know what we'd do without her.

14 comments:

Katie said...

it's a Prentice baby, so at least we know one answer for sure - it will LOVE beer. and it's pretty much a given on the potty-talking too i'm guessing... :D

Loosy said...

Hadley should have her own blog. The kid is hilarious. Although those are all legit questions. Please teach her how to post on blogger, because when the new baby does come, I have a feeling you're gonna be a tad busy.

xoxo

... said...

Where does she come up with these things?
Oh and you know she can't wait to smear desitin all over the new baby....
I love Hadley. And her 1,000 questions too.

Laurie said...

so many questions, she's quite the character. New baby had better be ready to be loved REAL hard (and also be content to play with the old Happy Meal toys she doesn't like any more + empty boxes)

Maria said...

will the baby like beer? heck yeah it will like beer, if it comea out of you it better like beer. i love and miss that little miss hadley jane!
Oh, and i have a question? when the new baby comes can I have Hads, because Andi wont let me have more babies and I bet she will be an amazing big sis!
lets play soon, 'kay?

Sue said...

Love how she is subtly getting her stuff protected NOW - before the intruder comes . . .

zaideafraidey said...

Hads is both eager and loathing NB all the time. She is a great tester outer though, she tried out everything baby wise at the cabin this past week. Baba wondered why the Johnny jump up people screwed up the design when Hads head was hitting the spring bar-I reminded him that it was designed for a six month old!!

Laurie said...

I hope you got a picture of Our Lenny crammed into the Johnny Jump-Up, bc that would be awesome. Yay for the little test pilot (of course, she probably is just checking to see if any stuff is really fun, in which case it is HERS, not NB's)

The Jacobs' Family said...

When the new baby comes will be a as stinking funny as Hadley? I hope so!

Val said...

Those are the best questions ever! I love her little mind. Oh she'd be in heaven if this baby is born from head to toy with a rash so she could use that whole tube of bottom cream! And beer- well being that you & Ryan are it's parents there is a good chance it will be born liking beer:)

Heidi Bruch said...

I adore the question about Rudy eating the baby. Be careful, Hads, I tend to want to eat cute babies myself:-)

Heather Conniff said...

she is the best, hilarious! When the new baby comes, can I hold him/her at least every other day? I'm sooooo excited to meet this little one. Hads, you crack me up - I can't wait to talk shop when you're 14. XOXO

Hope said...

I think I have some questions too. Can I see you mom to be able to ask in person?

Jocelyn said...

this girl does as as million questions. her mind blows my mind.