Sunday, August 29, 2010

rudy the wonder dog.

This guy, Rudy Jefferson Prentice...well, he deserves a medal, or a star on Hollywood Blvd, or a fresh peanut butter filled Kong, or, at the very least, to just be taken for a walk. 
Here's why:
A few weeks ago I was taking a shower, Hadley was doing whatever (I'm sure diapering her babies, or using all the band aids, or emptying out all her dresser drawers), and as I'm enjoying my quiet time I hear Rudy barking from outside the window.  I think nothing of it, and then realize, wait, if I can hear that, then it means Rudy is out in front of the house...and if I remember correctly the neighbors are having people work on their house, and now those people are probably being attacked.  And then I realize, wait another minute, how in the hell did Rudy get out front?  So I get out of the shower...a tad annoyed, and see our Rudy, our fierce protector, our hometown Lassie, sitting at the edge of our driveway facing the house barking like a crazy man, and then I see our dear Hadley, the escapee, watering the garden and playing in the front yard.  The minute I saw her, he ran to me with his tail wagging.  He nudged Hadley's bum, nudged my hand, made sure we were okay, I'm pretty sure smiled and said 'you're welcome', gave us a fist bump and blew it up.....and then he went after the neighbors workers.   

11 comments:

Lis said...

Scary! Way to go rudes!!! At least you live on a quiet street.

Val said...

Way to go Rudy! Who knew he was a rescue dog? And who knew Hads was such an escapee?

zaideafraidey said...

I so do heart my very first grandchild, he is the best (as long as you know him)

Heather Conniff said...

all his hair on the floor, being in the way all the time self surely made up for it! XOXO

Liz said...

This is so sweet. I have often comtemplated leaving the kids with our lab for an afternoon, feeling almsot certain they would be better off with him than with me.

Laurie said...

GOOD DOG CARL! Yay Rudes!

Jocelyn said...

wow. he is quite wonderous.

Joe and Gina said...

you do know you are funnier than sh*t, right? "fist bump and blew it up"

fiona westover said...

Steve thinks Rudy is a Tattletale, not a Hero.

Michelle said...

I think you should change his name to Rudy Jefferson Lassie Prentice. A similar thing happened to me with Melissa and Kelsey but we were living in a creepy apartment and I found them outside naked with my shoes on . . . CPS wasn't as persistent as they are now.

Laurie said...

BTW I've always loved the fact that Rudes HAS a middle name. Totes fabulous. Now if only he had a dog toy named Joan...