It's raining cats and dogs. Ryan's morning bike ride is cancelled (a miracle), so I have a bright idea. Let's go downtown and see Santa, because I'm sure noone else is stupid enough to go out in this weather. I was wrong. We live amongst a lot of stupid people. Me being the ring leader. Not only is everyone and their mother in line to see Santa...a mere 4 HOUR WAIT!!! But, it is also the morning of the Jingle Bell Run. So every street in downtown is blocked, making it nearly impossible to get to the 4 hour long Santa line. Of course, we only find out it's that long of a wait AFTER we park and get the gang to 6th and Pike. We get drenched during our short pep talk on the sidewalk, Hadley cries that she doesn't want to see St. Nick anymore, we oblige, then we head back to the parking garage, only to wait in a 20 minute line to pay $5 for a parking spot we spent 5 minutes in. Merry effing Christmas.
11 comments:
Did you not learn anything from my post last year about going to see Santa the say of the Jingle Bell Run?:-) I give you a star for trying. Love you guys. Dropping something off at your door tomorrow - will text you when its there. xoxo
you got H the mary janes. good girl.
oh sad story! Poor things. But at least you got a good blog entry out of it.
Who in the world would actually wait 4 hours?! Well, Hads looks very adorable in her outfit, if that counts for anything:)
UVillage! Totally cute. At least you...oh wait. Nothing there. At least you're family is TDF cute. :-)
People seriously make their kids wait 4 hours to see Santa?
You better have a really good gift for Ryan under the tree - what a great sport he is to go along with you most cockamamie scheme to date! love you crazy girl!
What a nightmare! Highly recommend Redmond Town Center. We were the only ones there. Santa was sort of a grump, but he looked good. Usually those parking places give you a 15 minute grace period. Bunch of Scrooges!!
Oh my friend - I feel for you. I too, was downtown on Sunday and we saw that 4 hour line you were talking about. And yes, you were with a hundred million other people. Next year, let's just have one of our hubby's dress up - ok?
I love you crazy cousin! And I love that Hadley again was crying that she does NOT want to see Santa. Love that girl.
I'm just glad you're well again!
Post a Comment