This one cracks me up.
And 99% of the time she has no idea she is so funny, and that's the funniest part.
Here's what she has said of late...
We were at Jump Planet and a little girl befriended Hadley. Hads isn't great at 'forced' friends. She would prefer to just go about her business and skip the small talk (wonder who she gets that from?). But her and her new BF hit it off and for the next 20 minutes they played a nail biting game of hide and seek, jumped their brains out, and were seen holding hands behind the play houses.
And then Hadley was done.
So she says to her friend, "I don't really want to play with you anymore, I just want to play with my brother now."
Her friend says, "Well that's not fair. I still want to play with you."
Hads reply, "Life's not fair. Deal with it."
(wonder who she heard that from?).
The other day she is talking about some great injustice that happened to her when she was all of 22 months old. I was blown away, and said to her "Hads, how do you even remember that?! You amaze me."
Hadley says, with the most dead pan face, "Mom, that is because I am an elephant."
Carson was naked (as he often is) and Hadley was inquiring about his parts. Specifically she wanted to know "what that thing below his peeny was?"
Now I am a weirdo when it comes to body parts. I call them what they are. I don't want my kids embarrassed, or ashamed. An elbow is an elbow. A knee is a knee. A vagina is a vagina.
(This all stems back to when a mother brought her child into the ED and the girl said her 'little chicken' hurt, and no one knew what she was talking about, and finally her mom chimed in, all annoyed that we didn't know what she was talking about and yelled "She hurt the thing she pees out of...her little chicken." Duh. And I can guarantee that mom was wearing Sponge Bob Squarepants pajama bottoms).
Anyhoo...I go on to explain what his parts are. And then, without any prompting from her, I really, really go on to explain what they are, what they do, and how babies are made.
And even as I am talking I am on the outside of my body thinking...SHUT THE (blank) UP!
So I am now to the part where the sperm inseminates the egg, and Hadley cuts me off and says:
"So basically it's just a pillow for his penis to sleep on."
Yes.
Exactly.
18 comments:
Crying from laughing so hard! love it! :)
She's a caution. Love huh!
I call it what it is. My friend asked what we were going to call his peeps and I was all umm... penis?
I'll now refer to balls as pillows though. That's clever.
so funny, the best, so glad you wrote this down. yes, bascially a pillow for his "dumb" penis to sleep on...we sometimes wish it slept longer than it does!
@heather - DYING. And agreed.
Hads is hilarious. And wise beyond her years.
Oh my god! hahaha! little chicken? seriously? I do try to use the real names, but the girl parts end up having so many nicknames - I say hoo-haa a lot and I blame Scrubs for that.
haha! she is all kinds of awesome like her mama. xo
love you are all anatomically correct but refer to a "peenie" in your text.
Love her. And would you mind swinging by tomorrow afternoon to have a chat with the Krekow boys? Please and thanks.
wait a minute miss i'm a weirdo when it comes to body parts. it would seem the penis has a nickname and it's called peeny in your house. i think the vagina needs one too, just saying. plus, it is so very unlike you not to have a nickname for EVERYTHING. ok. hadley is unlike any other almost 6 year old i know. she's like a little old soul trapped in a little person's (not a midget) body. i think her spectacles add to her old soulness. i've missed these little posts. they are the best. i loved the elephant one. you know i think these should be framed right? i'll pin it and add it to your 'for meg' board on my pinterest.
maybe vajeenie. Then it sounds magical.
Okay...can I have a 'take-back'? Of course, we have nicknames. We have nicknames for nicknames. And nicknames for those nicknames. But I have no fear to say penis or vagina. I encourage it. Because there is nothing more funny than a two year old saying 'penis' and 'vagina'. Try it. It will be giggles all around.
I thought when mine called them "balls" that was hilarious but I'm teaching him pillow for his penis because that's just never going to not be funny
never laughed harder. maybe even peed my pants. Sucks being 40 weeks pregnant.
Ha! Kev & I both laughed out loud. Good one Hads.
Wyatt says "puh-china" and it's the funniest thing ever. Kudos for you for going into the full sex talk. I'm such a weenie and keep avoiding it. Owen won't be satisfied with a simple explanation. He will need specific deets and I'm not ready for that. I'll let Hads explain it to him.
Meg, didn't you scream something about VAGINA in Safeway, to Grandma Shirley's horror? Refresh my memory on that incident.
Post a Comment