Tuesday, May 14, 2013

the big boy bed.

We did it.
I guess when I say WE, I really should say HE.
But for ME (feel like you're reading Dr. Seuss yet?), I felt like this was more momentous for the parents than for the kid.
Because it means we got rid of the crib.
The crib that we have spied from our little room down the hall for seven years now.
I did back flips when I got rid of the high chair, somersaults when I got rid of the infant seat, but for some reason getting rid of the crib made my little heart a little sad.
So much so...
that it is now stored safely under our house.
With about 4 tubs of baby clothes, two Tupperware bins full of toys, and an entire box of preschool scribble, that I just can't seem to part with either.
The crawl space is starting to look like an episode of hoarders.
Mom's are such saps.
(and pack rats).
Oh and Carson.  
He could have cared less.
He kept asking Ry..."What you doin' to my crib Dada?  Where you goin' wit dat crib Dada?".
And when we took his rocking chair out along with the crib..."What you doin' with my rock-a-baby Dada?  Where you going wit dat rock-a-baby Dada."
And when we set his bed up..."Carsie jump Dada!  Carsie jump Dada!  No bonk my head."
And he's been jumping ever since.
With only one head bonk.



And just like when he was in his crib...we still find him laying right behind his door with a pile of books, his blankies, and some cars.
Every.  Single.  Night.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Stop growing. And he continues to be twin travel beds with Little Tony (age 30)I find him laying on the floor in front of the couch, wrapped in a blanket every single morning. His future wife is going to wonder about him.

Bored Housewife said...

I still have Leila's crib under my house, and she's 11. I also have all her crib sheets. I gave away the mattress, go figure, but I decided that I have enough storage space in my house that anything that pulls at my heart strings can stay. And so the crib is under there. Somewhere...

Katie said...

such a big boy! LOVE that he ends up in a pile by the door (and yes, JUST like Big Tony still to this day)... :)

Heidi Bruch said...

I haven't gotten rid of one single thing. The rocker is absurdly large and still awkwardly in Caroline's room. It needs to go, but I just can't. He looks so big-are you locking him in like you did with Hads?

Sue said...

Does this mean Hadelus has her Mama's Pea Princess bed now?

Jocelyn said...

your baby is in a big boy bed. he's so cute in it, and i love his bedding. when i spied in your house the other day, i thought i saw the crib at the bottom of the stairs but forgot to ask. so many changes within the prentice's home these days. i like it!

katy said...

perfect little room. perfect little boy. i want to steal him...always. is that why i never see you? you are afraid i might actually do it sometime. or swap out one of mine for him! :)