Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Again, and again, and again, and again.

We read these FOUR books every single day, a bazillion times a day, one after another, over and over again....they go a little something like this:

'Hi. My name is Alice. I'm a fairy. I'm not a permanent fairy, I'm just a temporary fairy. You have to pass a lot of tests to be a permanent fairy. I have wings so I can fly. I can't fly very high yet, but I can fly real fast..."

"If you give a pig a party,she's going to ask for some balloons, when you give her the balloons, she'll want to decorate the house. When she's finished, she'll put on her favorite dress. Then she'll invite all her friends to the party..."

"I love being fancy. My favorite color is fuchsia. That's a fancy way of saying purple. I like to write my name with a pen that has a plume. That's a fancy way of saying feather. And I can't wait to learn French because everything in French sounds fancy..."

"In a big city high rise on the very top floor. Lives a pink fluffy poodle, Poodleena Pompadour. She wore on her head a pink mountain of hair, as light as a feather and mostly pink air. Days were spent teasing her fabulous fluff, shaving legs, painting toenails and other such stuff..."

I think these books are taking up brain space where my sanity used to be, or maybe I know a cure for cancer...but it's lost in the shuffle of this nonsense. Guess I'll have to give up on my dreams of accepting the Nobel Peace Prize, and instead be happy knowing, verbatim, my two year olds most favorite books and the joy she finds in reading.

5 comments:

Heidi Bruch said...

I heart Fancy Nancy so much that it is already on Hayden's book shelf...I try to read it to her and she gets bored very quickly - yes, I know, not for an 8 month old. I will read it to Hads ANY day!:-)

Laurie said...

aah so cute. Of course we don't get to read any books with poodles, girls or pink in them, but we do read dinosaur books over and over, anything with Spiderman, or spiders actually, or any animals or bones or martial arts...you get my drift. And if I could find more books with farts that would be bonus (we do heart Walter the Farting Dog)

Shawna said...

Bear Snores On and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom are two that I have memorized thanks to multiple daily readings. I find myself repeating them like a song stuck in my head.

Amy D. said...

Just wait until she's almost 4!! It is good to have them memorized though. You can just recite them and use the other part of your brain to make to do lists and think about other things. I do love all these books though. Good choices Hads.

Sue said...

Berenstein Bears and the Missing dinosaur bones - STILL can hear Tom reciting that to the boys when they were little eons ago - and he can still do it!