Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm so sneaky.

I got this book for Christmas from Val and couldn't wait to trick my vegetable-fearing family.

I bought these, for the first time ever!

I opened this, for the first time ever (been in the box for 5 years now).

She kept busy and left me alone for the first time ever.

And I made disgusting pureed foods for the first time ever (if you've ever worked in a nursing home and fed people a 'mechanical soft' diet you understand my repulsion). And now I get to plot how to sneak them into my families food. So far unless I can coat candy with pureed broccoli/carrots/spinach/or cauliflower, I'm outta luck. But I will not quit, especially since I have 4 gallons of this mush to use up.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You are becoming your mother. I am positive she tried some sort of pureed veggie trick on you and Kip in hopes you wouldn't know you were eating your vegetables! :)

Laurie said...

wow I'm proud of you. P doesn't know I used to make her baby food including kidneys and liver (gak). Good luck on your campaign. Maybe you can get a dehydrator, put the mush in it, and convince Hads it's Lik m Aid...

zaideafraidey said...

hooray you are back...I knew there was going to be the mile long blog though - you know how I am about that!! Why would one puree cauliflower, it is good in its just steamed form. I am going to be super careful next time a grab a cookie at your house - does NOT look appetizing.

Kirsten said...

I cook from that cookbook all the time!! Try the sweet potatoe pancakes - they are the best!! The beet chocolate cake is good too. Not the spinach brownies though. Have fun!

Sue said...

WOW! For a second there I thought Kirsten was Koo Koo - and I thought she had become possessed by the vegie spirits - Whew!

Laurie said...

I did too, but then came to my senses and realized this could not possibly be OUR Kirsten!

Unknown said...

You made me eat kidney and liver as a baby! No wonder I turned out to be a picky eater. My subconscious clearly knew you couldn't be trusted!

Lis said...

Keep on trying! They'll love it sooner or later. Just watch out for those sneaky tesxtures.

Sue said...

Oh Pia - meat botsies were a favorite fix by all of us new mothers - how else could we get you to ingest that crap???

zaideafraidey said...

gak, I do remember meat bottsies. I too was thinking "how in the hell is that Kirdie, I don't even know her!!" thanks goodness the "faker" has been identified.

Jocelyn said...

i was so impressed to see your freezer filled with all this natural goodness. even more impressed to see your cuisenart finally getting used.. however u spell it:)

katy said...

I love this meg! Only because after living with your for a year I thought you'd never eat anything other than you know...pretzles and catchup. I love you for this...you have inspired me to try this myself!

Jamie "Swens" Barton said...

Too funny since you were plotting this in Utah as well! Apparently, you need to "re-plot" and create Plan B. I do still want to buy this book!!