Tuesday, February 1, 2011

my right hand gal.

This girl doesn't miss a beat.  The other day Carson was in his little Bassinet screaming his head off, and then all of the sudden he stopped.  I peak my head around the corner, and see this.  Hadley looks at me so proud and says "You're very welcome Mama, I made him stop crying.  I think he was sad because he wanted a fort.  So I built him one."  I said, "Thanks Hads, but do you think he's breathing under there?"  She said "I don't know Mama, I am not the nurse.  Just the babysitter."  God I love her.  She's going to be a great  union worker.
And on Friday, when Nana picked her up for the day, as she was leaving she yells up to me
"Mama, don't worry about picking out Cars' outfit today, I laid it out for you."  She didn't skip one detail...White onesie.  Long sleeve onesie.  Pants.  Socks.  Shoes.  Pageboy cap.  He is going to be one dapper fellow.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

this girl was made to be a big sister. all her observing is most def. paying off.

Meghan said...

cuteness. i love that she is so helpful. ...and that hat. Good choice.

Heather Conniff said...

love her, she's an amazing big sis.

Laurie said...

a fort, brills. She knows how to be a great babysitter already, boys worship any sort of fort building.

Lis said...

She totally reminds me of Tatum. You have such a great little helper.

Val said...

Hads is too funny, I remember when you picked him up that afternoon she questioned the outfit change- nothing gets past that lady! Glad Cars survived his first fort!