Tight swaddle, to the point of almost cutting off circulation (note the blue hue to his eyelids). Binky secured, thanks to tight swaddle. Tight blanket on top of tight swaddle, confining babe that much more. Soft blanket underneath. Everything matching. All he needs is a Z-Flo.
13 comments:
wow that looks -- secure. But I love a parent who doesn't let their baby flop around willy-nilly.
You are officially part of the NICU team now! However, I wouldn't go with the z-flo, I would definitely go for some rolls though. I should send you a picture I have of Alex in a similar set-up. :) Can't wait to see you back at work!
snug as a bug in a rug. no doubt.
You're the best swaddler. I was horrible. HORRIBLE.
ahhhh...it makes my little work heart go pitter patter. And I appreciate that you've matched you linens. Although you're probably (kinda) dreading heading back to work I am also looking forward to seeing you! xoxo.
Can you tuck me in? Oh and can I have him?
yep. i love that you and i are in the same profession. never saw that coming in a million years. wish we were on the same team. we could fight over cute linen, piv sticks, secure wraps and organized and labeled IV lines. ;)
I love this! Being a former PICU nurse and a current NICU nurse, this is the best set-up! I agree a Zflo would just add to the awesomeness. :)
PS you don't know me.. found your blog through a friend's. So I guess that makes me a stalker.
I love when parents claim their kids hate to be swaddled...ummm....that means it isnt tight enough. This is one of my favorit things about infants...a good tight swaddle. Yummy!
I feel so much better knowing that he isn't going anywhere.
Excellent work, Nurse Megan! he looks so happy and cozy! :)
Baby Burritos are delicious.
I am a firm believer in the tight swaddle - YAY MEGAN! - hate it when newborns are not "snug" and their little arms are trying to stop the fall!
Post a Comment