Wine tasting for my bday with Ry...I was over-served. Go figure.
Say it ain't so. It's hard to swallow that this old woman is 32 (when you're 32 do you start to talk in the third person...apparantly so). I still feel like I'm 26. And when I hear young 'uns talking about Nicki Minaj or wondering who Kirk Cameron was, I know I am most definitely not a part of their generation. But I love it. I love getting older. Because with each year, you're just that much smarter. Or how about this...with each year, you don't care that you are not any smarter. Either way, you're wiser. So here's my list, because I love lists, and because it's my birthday. 32 things about me, things I've learned, things I know to be true...just things that make me, me.1. I tried wine yesterday...a lot of wine. I'm back to beer. Maybe when I'm 33 my palate will mature.
2. The five gals I had by my side at my wedding are still my best friends to this day. I like that.
3. You should definitely marry 'up'. Ryan is so much better than me in every way...and that makes me try harder. It also annoys me.
4. If I ever knew how much I was going to love my kids I don't know if I would have had them. It's scary being so vulnerable.
5. I never suffer from buyer's remorse and frequently suffer from a buyer's high. It's a bad combo.
6. I am the only person I know without an iphone.
7. There is nothing a long run and a good playlist can't get you through.
8. Hadley and Carson have the best sets of Grandparents in the entire world. I hope they always take this for granted and think that's the way it is for everyone. It will be our little secret that it's not.
9. Being a nurse gives me a satisfaction that I can't quite explain. To have strangers trust you with the care of their child is the most awesome feeling in the world.
10. Best smells ever...Aloha Orchid Anthropologie candle. Amazing Grace Philosophy lotion. Kiddos fresh out of the bath lathered in Muestela lotion.
11. The only beer I don't like is IPA. Unless it's a Tuesday night and the kids are asleep, and I have no other choice. Then I can make do.
12. Girlfriends are dire to a healthy, happy life. We just 'get' eachother in ways noone else can.
12. Girlfriends are dire to a healthy, happy life. We just 'get' eachother in ways noone else can.
13. I never realized how much I love quiet.
14. I haven't eaten candy since January 1st.
15. I lie a lot about purchases on our credit card bill. It's not an admirable trait.
16. I wish I was thriftier, but I am too much about convenience. I need to plan ahead better.
17. When someone asks how you are, don't say 'busy'. We are all busy.
18. I thrive on routine.
19. I hate sleeping anywhere but my own bed. And I don't even sleep there that well.
20. I would have never known that someone I knew for only 22 weeks would have such an impact on the rest of my life. He still continues to test my strength daily.
21. Not having time is just an excuse. Make time. We all know how much time we waste reading these god forsaken blogs.
22. I secretly hoped Carson was going to be a twin.
23. A lot of people don't get my sense of humor. That's okay. Those that matter do.
24. Favorite outfit is jeans, a T shirt, and Toms. I wish I were fancier.
25. I wish I didn't wish so much.
26. I think it's really important to fail in front of our kiddos...otherwise how would they learn to pick up the pieces and carry on. Don't fool them that perfect exists.
27. I find it almost impossible to cry in front of other people. It is one of my greatest weaknesses.
28. I haven't worn shorts in over 4 years.
29. My most favorite meal is a sammy with chips smashed inside and a diet pepsi.
30. I'm a whole lotta bark. But no bite...I hate confrontation.
31. Speaking of biting, I am missing 5 teeth. Truly.
32. I break out in hives all the time. When I'm drinking, when I'm embarassed, when I'm nervous, when I'm talking about myself, when I have the 'floor' of a conversation. You should see how splotchy I am right now. I am doing two of the above.
Cheers to getting older...bring it 32. I double dog dare you to not be my best year yet.

27 comments:
you nailed it with your top 32. after reading them to myself ... i was like- good one.. oh that's a good one.. oh noooooow that's a good one! b and i wish we could have crashed your wine tasting:( next time i ask and ask the week before what's on the agenda.. make something up so i mark my calendar you dip. i really disliked the lack of prentice birthday functions this year. the only thing i really had no idea about what you missing 5 teeth.. and i gotta say.. i'm not any better for knowing. see you tomorrow my dear girl. xoxo (your longest friend)
I am laughing so hard right now, you are spot on with your list, love it! Love you birthday girl, you're the best, one of my BFF's and like a sister - guess who's the nicer sister? Hope you liked my Red Robin birthday song this morning, there's more where that came from. XOXO
great list birthday girl! and i completely agree about beer > wine. especially IPA - it is pretty gross. also, i'm pretty sure if you asked Ry, he would say he's the one who "married up." - i think you both did pretty great there. love love love you!
Happy Birthday Meg! You make 32 look pretty awesome! Great list. Btw...I don't have an iPhone either. I sort of like it that way.
Happy happy day Meg! I love 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, 21 and 24. 26 is my most fav. 14 is sad. This will be your best year yet! xoxo.
I don't have an iPhone either!
i don't have an iphone either:)
ahh....fun list and very you. You make yourself sound like a hillbilly re; teeth. I don't think the "wine" was the problem, I think the plethora of wine was the problem. In a few short months you will be having to change #28!!!hooray.
xoxo, our best year yet.
I haven't worn shorts in 5 years. Actually not sure how many. Happy birthday, friend! Love your lists and am laughing about your hives, because it is so so so true. Love you and your shy self. Xxoo
Happy, happy birthday my dear. Two years ago we finally met face to face, in shoulder pads, lots of eye make-up and aqua net. I love your 32 things. You are one special lady. And hello!!!You are totally fancy in your new house slippers. And remember, I run my unit how I run my unit, you want to investigate me? ;)
You're amazing, I'm forever in awe of your wit, your heart, your mouth, your drive. I love ya, Kid. Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday Megan! I hope this really will be the best year yet.
happy bday meg! i think we are a lot a like and a lot different. I need to have more bark and less bite. and really no candy since jan 1st? nice work.
xoxo
loved this list. i remember you getting all blotchy ...daily i think. i also didn't know you were missing teeth...amazing, you don't look like a meth addict. ;) oh, and i also don't have an iphone.
Have a very Happy Birthday Megan! You entertain me daily with your blog posts. I've read most of them to Al and we chuckle together. I'd love to see you and your kiddos sometime.
Love your lists. Happy birthday!! Hope C and H did what they were supposed to do. Ryan looks like
He followed through with a perfect day for you. You're a lucky girl with an amazing, beautiful family.
happy birthday doll! Have you really been my niece for 32 years?! I'm officially an old now...ps I get the hives too.
Happy Birthday you old hag!
5 teeth missing?? Where? I'm totally looking next time... You should replace all 5 with gold crowns.
I should of gotten you a grill for your birthday...
Anyhow, i LOVE IPA's, probably my favorite beer. You are definitely missing out...
I love this list too.
Cute.
Happy Birthday lady!! I wish I'd known about number 30 when we were playing red light green light in the 5th grade at Kelly Marsh's house. I totally would have punched you out!!! LOL
I love this blog and learning so much about you. I assumed you were still a big "vodka smodka" drinker. I hope you had a great day... and by the looks of it, it was better then great!! :) luv ya!
It really is scary how much alike we are....I can relate to about 28-32 of these traits:) I have all my teeth and two of my bridesmaids should be thrown in the looney bin:)
Ok good I did not miss a 80's theme prom party this year. YOu are amazing and 32 has never looked better my friend.
Happy Birthday Megan!!! you are one-of-a-kind and that's why we all love you!!
HaPpY BirThdaY Meg! You are a special lady and you must make your family so proud. high five to your mom cause she def did a great job with you and that is apparent in how you parent. You make me laugh and make me wish we spent more time together! oh and by the way NEVER EVER wish for twins!!! I did and look what happened to me! xoxoxo the girls!
You are the only person I know that can so easily come up with an awesome list like that! It's a talent. Hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Love ya, Connie
Happy birthday Megalina! Love the list. It is totally you!
happy birthday too!!! can't WAIT to see you so very soooooon!
Happy Birthday, Megan! Love your list. I don't have an i-phone either, I don't wear shorts (got a pair last summer and wore them once), I lie about my credit card purchases too...I probably always will. You wear 32 well.
Post a Comment