Saturday, September 14, 2013

little red hen.

We always call my mom 'the little red hen.'
Because we sit around and watch her, while she does everything.  She cooks, cleans, bakes, fluffs, organizes...and then we reap the benefits of all of her hard work.
It's a lovely relationship.
And my mom, being my mom, always loves to take things to the next level.
And always knows how to make things fun.
So, she (and only she, in true little red hen fashion), took 6 little girls up to the cabin for a 'Little Red Hen' party extravaganza.
(In June...I'm playing catch up).
They baked bread, made a huge breakfast, and put on a fabulous play...appropriately titled
"The Little Red Hen."
And the rest of us showed up the next afternoon...to sit and watch and eat...and laugh and laugh and laugh.
And reap the benefits of all of their hard work.
Because we aren't ones to upstage the little red hens.
And because we've had LOTS of practice at sitting around and doing nothing, just like my mom taught us.





9 comments:

Laurie said...

Hooray! Thank you for finally reporting on TLRHP. Zaide has always been this way. No changing our Little Red Hen. She's the best.

PS. Probably the last year Tate will tolerate such nonsense, huh?

Sue said...

I think you may be wrong on that Lavs - Tater is going to always be game for B-Z shenanigans . . .

A.B. said...

what does she feel about 3 year old boys?

and is she mormon? I've declared that all mormon mom bloggers have extra patience and hours in their days. This could explain it?

Michelle said...

Your mom is amazing. I was a better mom than I could ever imagine because of your mom.

zaideafraidey said...

finally pics of the cutest little actresses ever. Love to have the opportunity to share such special memories with such a wonderful bunch of little ladies.

Hope said...

Ok - um. . . hello? I was there too you know! I know sometimes I act like a kid and can't cook or help worth a darn but I color a mean barn. :)

Laurie said...

BTW B-Z is NOT Mormon. Just amazing.

katy said...

i want to marry your mom.

Amy D. said...

You're mom is something else....and I'm rolling at the mormon comments. What happened to my patience and extra hours?