Sunday, February 13, 2011

a little too honest.

  A few weeks ago a Bare Minerals commercial was on and Hadley said:
Hads:  Mama, do you use Bare Minerals?
Me:  Nope.
H:  You should.
M:  Do you even know what it is?
H:  Yep.  It's to make Mama's look pretty.
M:  You don't think I look pretty?
H:  I really think you should ask for Bare Minerals.  Have Daddy call them.
M:  Go to your room.

And the other day as I was getting out of the shower she asked:
Mama how come your legs are so bumpaley?
Me:  Because I've had two kids.
H:  But what is it that makes it bumpaley?
M:  Cellulite.
H:  It doesn't look very nice.
M:  Yeah, well, it's genetic, so get used to it.
She's starting to give me a complex.

10 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my...doesn't it just make you want to pinch their 'lil cheeks, maybe just a 'lil too hard? :)

Val said...

That girl is a crack up! The Bare Minerals thing kills me, she really pays attention to those infomercials! They are impressive commercials, I've been tempted to order it a time or two!

Sarah K said...

Hilarious. The beauty of living with a houseful of men...they don't notice a damn thing!

Laurie said...

please stay home and be a full-time blogger. Your daughter is killing me. When Tony was about 10, he was riding his bike alongside me while I jogged. He told me "God Mom your legs sure jiggle a lot when you run". I think my Olympics dream died right then and there.

Heidi Bruch said...

Oh, hads. Soon you will figure out that flattery works wonders when you want to get your way. These comments will not.

fiona westover said...

If only she knew what most of us look like getting out of the shower, she'd soon realize what a babe her Mama is.

Nicole said...

Well I do have to say Bare Minerals is pretty amazing! But come Hads your mome is BEAUTIFUL inside and out she dosne't need it.
I use it and I totaly fake a not so natural glow everyday!

Jocelyn said...

cellulite... nice try acting like you are like all of us out there... but you don't have any... you just have big veins. i have always wanted to try bare minerals!

zaideafraidey said...

I can just see her wry little face coming up with this stuff, she is a caution and very fun.

Sue said...

at three (almost 4) she's a caution - at 13 - a smart ass