Monday, February 21, 2011

say what?

As we were driving home from the cabin this weekend she said:
"Mama & Dada, I was just thinking, Nana & Pa have a boat and Zaide & Baba have a cabin...and we have NOTHING.  That's not fair.  You guys are mean."
I kid you not.  It starts already.  Sad part is, she doesn't even understand that we have the BEST of both worlds.  She'll get it someday.  When she's paying taxes.

12 comments:

Jocelyn said...

yikes. the gal has everything and think she has nothing (i.e. the cutest turquoise sunnies)... not a good sign of what's to come in her teen years.i think i know where she gets it though.. and so i feel bad for poor ry. CUTE pic. and extra big. love

Laurie said...

oh lordy. No good can come of this girl thinking.

katy said...

she is totally your daughter. reminds me of how envious i am of ava's life. last week i told her that i wished i was her. and she said "why mama? because i pick my nose and say bad words?" yes ava. that's it. ;)

Katie said...

haha, love this. and what a super cute piccie!!! she's such a kid now. or a teenager.

A.B. said...

Wow, I refused to have generic items growing up. I now see the error of my ways.

SO how did you respond?? Dying to know.

zaideafraidey said...

Oh my little dear you cannot be too surprised at this statement. Apple def does not fall too far from the tree. I can remember many such comments REMEMBER when we were the ONLY PEOPLE who did not have a cel phone OR you were the only kid ever who did not have their own car. AND in your infamouse OWN words "if you couldn't afford me you shoudn't have had me". Hmmmm, think I am feeling a bit bad for you???

Lis said...

Haha. Funny.

Laurie said...

Leave it to B-Z to tell it like it was. This is the moments all mothers wait for!

Sue said...

Instant Karma . . .

malia said...

Will says it all the time and it's prob my favorite thing he says. It makes me so proud to be a mean mom. We're doing our job.

Heather Conniff said...

rascal.

Heather Conniff said...

rascal.