Breathtaking. Astounding. Awe-inspiring. Astonishing. Heart-stopping. Magnificent. Overwhelming. Thrilling. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. These are just a few words that run through my head when thinking about Bennett and Jocelyn's wedding day. This gal & guy didn't miss a beat...or a detail. Everything, from the wood painted wedding signs to the homemade jam, was so them! They had brick oven pizza's (that people are still talking about), a bluegrass band, a photo booth (my new most favorite wedding 'must have' ever), mismatched napkins, skip & go's in mason jars, pickled appetizers, darling cupcakes, pies made with love, twinkling white lights everywhere, fresh lemons, pottery barn table clothes, a wedding party head to toe in J.Crew, a choopa, all in the most beautiful backyard I've ever seen. Oh, and the bride...don't even get me started on how heavenly she looked. Let's just say when she put that dress on, I lost my breath and was (for one of the few times in my life) absolutely speechless. Their letters to eachother didn't leave a dry eye in the place (except for maybe my husband, but he has ice in his veins), they were surrounded only by the people that love them most in the world, and the rain drops that made everyone run to the tent made it all that much more romantic & intimate. All they wanted was a 'simple' backyard wedding...and what they got was simply perfection...it was a backyard utopia.












9 comments:
you kill me and ya thrill me. loved reading what you had to say. love our picture together at the photobooth.. you in those glasses is money! and everyone should know that this simple backyard wedding was a lot of work and maybe the hardest worker (besides my mom) was megan... pregnant and all- this gal worked her ass of (ok maybe any baby weight)... and she was my right hand man- doing table settings, flowers, carrying shit everwhere. thanks meg a million times over. you took my breath away. plus you in that yellow number with your sunkissed tan and darling hair were maybe the cutest thing ever. as always. love u.
the wedding looks like it was perfect. Congrats to the newlyweds now start working on the babies.
Thanks for the shout out with the pics. This by far has been my most favorite wedding to date. Both because Jocelyn was a fun bride with vision but also because the wedding party was fun and the scenery and details were the best I have seen in a long time. This wedding was perfect in every way!
Loved it. Joc-you looked amazing. Megan, so did you. Even the morning after you were still looking pretty hot!
Joc - we haven't met yet (shame) but I do feel like I know you a bit through your blog and Meg's and I just wanted to tell you Congrats and your wedding sounded and looked like a dream come true. Cheers!!
did you do cornrows again!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! I could picture it all through Meg's description and then I saw the photos - amazing! And now, I want to do my wedding all over again and copy Joc! Congrats Joc - you look beautiful!! And Meg, I was totally impressed by your photography skills...then I saw the footer. You should def just steal the credit!
That was the best wedding ever. it was so beautiful and completely a one of a kind
that wasn't me before.. it was sundi- we got our sign-ins wrong. promise i wasn't bragging about my perfect wedding. ha
Post a Comment