there was a city that banned the hunt due to greedy parents, not a bad idea. And you did not have to "find" the eggs you just had to protect yourself from being mauled while you picked one up. Grrrr.
I think that large Easter egg hunts are a joke! They say bring your kids down and let them hunt for hundreds of eggs. Well you get there, there are hundreds of people, kids outnumbered by adults, and the fight begins! It's no longer about the kids. The adults become greedy and fight for eggs for their own kids. They hover over eggs and basically push the kids to the ground to get them (probably so they can eat the candy once the kids go to bed). We go to watch the circus and just hide some of our own eggs in our pockets. Once the madness is over we throw a few bones, I mean eggs, down for the kids and let them be happy! I love your blog!
oh god. this looks like my kind of hell. luke will just have to do as we did and hunt for eggs in our yard. i do like how the cousins always manage to meet up. that is nice.
1. So glad I wasn't there. 2. Sorry Hads missed out. parents are weird. 3. I had no idea my children attended said egg hunt. 4. I need your garage pin for my 0400 drop off.
if she wasn't so terrified of the easter bunny, maybe she'd be more excited about the eggs. OR, is it because she knew they had stickers in them...NOT candy, smart girl. xoxo
10 comments:
there was a city that banned the hunt due to greedy parents, not a bad idea. And you did not have to "find" the eggs you just had to protect yourself from being mauled while you picked one up. Grrrr.
Loving the Hunger Games analogy, it's so true. Poor Hads (and poor Carsie being terrified by the hiddy Easter Bunny)
I'm sure it will all go well at Zaide & Baba's Easter party. Except for that annual encounter with Uncle Easter Bunny....
Once again - this Auntie is against Easter Torture. . .
PS STILL over the moon that Carsie (and Lauren) wears the hat I knit :-)
poor Hads. life is rough for the non-athletic. maybe she should switch from gymnastics to wrestling?
I love her sweet little face. She looks like she's doing so well in that first picture. :)
I think that large Easter egg hunts are a joke! They say bring your kids down and let them hunt for hundreds of eggs. Well you get there, there are hundreds of people, kids outnumbered by adults, and the fight begins! It's no longer about the kids. The adults become greedy and fight for eggs for their own kids. They hover over eggs and basically push the kids to the ground to get them (probably so they can eat the candy once the kids go to bed). We go to watch the circus and just hide some of our own eggs in our pockets. Once the madness is over we throw a few bones, I mean eggs, down for the kids and let them be happy! I love your blog!
oh god. this looks like my kind of hell. luke will just have to do as we did and hunt for eggs in our yard. i do like how the cousins always manage to meet up. that is nice.
1. So glad I wasn't there.
2. Sorry Hads missed out. parents are weird.
3. I had no idea my children attended said egg hunt.
4. I need your garage pin for my 0400 drop off.
if she wasn't so terrified of the easter bunny, maybe she'd be more excited about the eggs. OR, is it because she knew they had stickers in them...NOT candy, smart girl. xoxo
Post a Comment