Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the reader.

I walked into this mammoth pile of books on her floor the other morning while Hadley was held captive in her room (she gets up mighty early these days, but has to stay in her room until it at least gets slightly light out). I groaned, and said "Hads, why do you always have to make such a huge mess." She smiled and replied, "Baby Davis wanted me to read her ALL those books. So I did." Couldn't really be mad at that (but I could still be annoyed).

14 comments:

Amy D. said...

Livi does this ALL the time when she can't fall asleep at night. I come into a HUGE stack next to her bed. Oh well..at least it's not legos or those tiny craft beads. (2 things I hate helping them cleaning up)

Laurie said...

yay that Baby Davis loves to be read to!

Jocelyn said...

well, hello amy. where have u been??? and yes. i love your little reader:)i too was an avid reader- so this speaks to my heart.

zaideafraidey said...

I can just hear her reading those books, what a wonderful "bad habit" to have DO NO DISCOURAGE THIS - glad baby D got over his body cream incident

Liz said...

Awesome...and Baby Davis looks exhausted!

Val said...

Love that the dolls name is Baby Davis. Baby Davis is so lucky.

Bored Housewife said...

This is where you say: Why don't you help baby davis put them all away! I made Leila a picture of a clock showing 7:30 and taped it to her clock and told her she wasn't allowed to get up before her clock looked like the one I drew. Worked like a charm, and I could change it on weekends!

Lis said...

Wow, her room looks amazingly clean. Do NOT, I repeat, Do NOT let Madeline go in there.

Sue said...

that baby davis is a bad actor!

Unknown said...

Seriously, for all her future English teachers, I will personally drive over and kick your butt if you discourage this awesome reading! I'd kill for some sophomores who would deign to pick up a book on their own. Love your little reader! Book fair is next week at Freeman, I'll have to pick up a book for Hads (and Mads)!

Meg said...

Amy D, hey sister! I wasn't even sure you had a computer anymore, or just couldn't find it in that great big house.
Mom, I think Baby Davis is blind from the Desitin Debacle and this is why Hads needed to read to her.
BH, wow, you're a genius. I will be trying it this weekend...and if it doesn't work, I'm sending her to your house.
Lis, it only looked clean because I got in there before she decided to unload all her drawers, you're saavy to that trick, no?

Lis said...

Well, thanks to Hads I have gone through both Madeline's and Allie's clothes, gathered things that were too small for one and reorganized the closet of another. It needed to be done, she was just my catalyst.

Jocelyn said...

um.. the reader is now 3!!! and i want a post

Amy D. said...

ha ha ha...you so funny.