Such a stupid age...such a wise age. I am totally in my early 'thirties', I am totally old to anyone 25 and younger (oh they have so much to learn), and totally a m-o-m. I am totally noticing my bits and pieces sag, totally seeing my crows feet expand, and totally witnessing my memory lapse. I am totally at peace with who I am (sorry to those holding out hope, this is as good as it gets), totally okay with where I'm at (the Joneses' got nothing on us), and totally, totally, totally in love with the ones I hold nearest and dearest. From what I heard, this night...was one to remember...too bad I don't.
p.s. Does saying 'totally' a lot make me seem younger, or just proving that I was a child of the 80's?
20 comments:
Happy Birthday Meg!! How said is it that I would give anything for 31 again? Especially with your great description! And - by the way, this morning, I had my hands on Hope's shoulders telling her something really important and she looked at my arm and said "What's that?" I said "Um, that's my arm?" And she said - "No - that part hanging down." So, at 31 girlfriend - you are pretty damn hot.
I meant to say "How sad" but my age has caused me to have fat fingers.
Happy Be-lated Birthday. Looks like a blast!
mid-50s is even more brutal. The boys have no qualms about telling me I'm a fat old lady with jiggly arms.
see.. you ARE funny.
Looks like the perfect night. What a great group you've got there.
Oh, and I'm not sure if I've told you, but I really like your nose.
Glad you had such a great 31. Totally thought about you and Kipper all weekend. I miss our 3-way parties... sort of! Love you babe.
looks like you had a fun party! and you say "totally" all you want - just one of many many ways you'll be embarrassing Hads when she's older...
love your cute plaid shirt btw!
Happy Birthday Friend, this was the most fun night ever!!!!! well at least the parts I remember....thanks to Ryan for organizing a super fun night! love you:) you make 31 look good!
Happy Birthday! It gets even better, I promise!
glad we could protect Miss H from this night of debauchery, now that you are taking your child to bars.
I thought you were smoking in that first picture, looked like a joint, not a candle. Happy Birthday, glad to hear your 30's are good.
I'm showing that I'm a child of the 60s, I thought that was a joint too.
I love your practicality (there's that word again) about what life is, and I love how happy you are with your life, and I love how you just know that you take the crap with the really wonderful things in life. I'd say as far as life wisdom goes, your pushing 83 years old.
I have just discovered an incredible combination of face tinctures that I swear is making me look less old. If you are nice to me I'll tell you what they are. Honestly, it is one of those things that only I notice the difference (and, oddly, Bill Berko), but totally worth the little bit of extra firmness under my eyes.
And, I am trying really hard to get a good look at your cute new grey boots under the table at the restaurant but just can't see what they are like. I'm snooping in your closet when I am at your house. Count on it.
Happy Birthday.
fiona I hope you are not paying to much for that "special suace" to firm up under your eyes, it is most likely hemmerhoid cream!!
hemorrhoid cream mixed with excised foreskin...that's the part that makes it pricey!
Oh geeze Fi, please don't think I'm that put together. Just a good faker (and liar, especially when I'm 'on call' for work), your comment about Billy Berko made me spit out my coffee. I can just hear him. And as for the boots, it's no problem to snoop around...in fact lets just take a 6 pack up to my closet and hide out.
Looks like a really fun night! Hope 31 is your best year yet!
Glad you had a fun night...still hoping we can have a belated birthday lunch soon. Happy 31 BF!!! xoxo
wait a min! you really did pull a fast one on me! sue never approved the switch did she?
You'll get yours missy when I am fired and all four of us move in with you.
enjoy the thirties love, it has been the best time of my life. hope all your dreams come true this year, no one deserves it more! smooch!
Post a Comment