Tuesday, March 2, 2010

you are now free to move about the country.

Hello, my name is Megan. I just turned 31. And I just got a passport...for the first time. Yep, I'm really well traveled. The saddest part about it, I'm absolutely fine with it. The best part about it, it means we will be on the beaches of Mexico in one short month. So take that all you cultured snobs. Ciao, Adios, Arrivederci, Holla.

14 comments:

Lis said...

Umm, happy for you and totally jealous OF you. I want to go and sit on my butt in Mexico.

Jocelyn said...

you are big time now.

Unknown said...

I felt like such a badass when I got my passport for Africa. It's so satisfying to know that if you need to flee the country suddenly, you've got a passport to help you do so!

Sue said...

shit - I am nearly 60 and don't have one - how lame is THAT??? can't even go to CAAAAA

Anonymous said...

I CAN NOT wait....I just got my 3rd passport in less than 3 years for this trip! That's right 3....I should probably just keep up the trend and get one per country I visit:) Sunshine, here we come!

zaideafraidey said...

I don't understand Sarah, don't you just need one passport and it gets you into all the countries? I guess I don't travel enough. Hate that you are going to Mexico, just sayin'

Sue said...

No worries B - now that she is "well" into her 30's it won't be like the EARLIER times she was there -

Laurie said...

would you pls go to Costa Rica instead then tell Katie that Mexico or Hawaii are WAY BETTER. She wants us all to go on a family trip there. I am thinking there are terrifying things in the water there. And possibly monkeys.

t-dawg said...

WOW! rudy and a passport on one blog page...i've never been so excited! let's do brazil carnival next year...can't wait!

fiona westover said...

Before I met Steve I had hit most countries in South America, Mexico, South Africa, Ireland, and England. Since I met Steve, I haven't been much farther than Montana. I think I'd rather be starting to travel the world in my thirties than have seen the last of my travel opportunities before hitting 28! (Por si acaso, hablo muy bien el espanol...ya know, in case you need an interpreter while there.)

Val said...

super excited for you guys and just a tad bit jealous! maybe you should bring me as your nanny for Hads:)

Heather Conniff said...

this cracks me up, must be a 31 year old thing...traveling internationally.

Maria said...

WHAT??? incredible, you have always seemed so worldly to me.

Jamie "swens" Barton said...

We just got our passport for the first time as well like a month ago; also because we are going to Mexico aka Spring Break Central. Oh...too bad, however, it's not with you losers...since we didn't get invited! Big trouble! BIG trouble! Just kidding...we can share photos!!