Monday, April 4, 2011

the dude is 4 months.

This little dude is 4 months old (and some change).  This little dude learned to roll over.  First he rolled off the bed, then the couch (all in the same day), and finally did it in a safe spot...on the floor (anyone want me to babysit?).  He's becoming a good sleeper (babysteps), he's a good eater (tried some banana...loved it), and he's an excellent crier.  This little dude is a fussbucket.  We've legally changed his name to Gus (Fussy Gussy)...and I'm thinking of swapping his Poly Vi Sol drops for Paxil. 

This little dude still loves cuddling with his mama, taking tubby's with his sis, and paling around with Dad (although Dad probably wouldn't refer to him as a pal just yet...and I quote "I'm just not that into babies'--Ryan Prentice).  He still scrunches up his bum when you pick him up (you guys know what I'm talking about), stretches his legs out so long when I change his dipes, and has a smile that knocks people off their feet. 
This little dude is a keeper.

18 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

you would NEVER know from all those smiles that he ever does anything else. He def is a fuss bucket but it will make you love him all the more (and it is hard to believe that you could) when he gets past it...and he will. Loved getting Mr. C morning, noon and night this past weekend. Love all four months of him.

Laurie said...

The Dude Abides. There, I just wanted to be first to say that. His smile is to die for, almost makes up for all that crying I'm sure :-) And Ryan, I like your honesty. Though it probably won't get you out of much baby-tending duty.

Laurie said...

PS. Fuss Bucket = Sundstromism = Love.

Katie said...

i agree, that smile more than makes up for any fussing! of course, it's easy to say that when i don't live with him... but he is SO stinking cute!!!!

Heather Conniff said...

ah, love him! he has the BEST smile!! Cole has a batman shirt too, they should go to tolo together.

katy said...

love that he has the genetic smile going on. love that ryan doesn't like babies...neither does my ryan. love that he is rolling off things...at 4 months eda rolled off our bed (don't ask what we were doing) and the couch in the same week too. maybe they will put their brain damages together and be friends and say mean stuff about us. happy 4 months cars...you handsome little thing!

Michelle said...

Wow, I can't believe he is four months old!! I'm going to be 660 months old in two weeks - can't believe that either.

Shawna said...

I don't believe you that he is fussy. He is always happy when I see him! Love his wide open smile, and I miss the scrunchy bum when you pick them up. Best thing ever. You are a good mama and have 2 awesome kiddos to show for it.

Jocelyn said...

hey! we are twins. i'm calling my guy little dude lately!:) cars is a doll.4 months flies my friend. i swear it was just a snowy november day just the other day..

Suz said...

i want to meet this little dude..he is so cute meg! ps just b/c he has the same shirt as cole doesn't mean that have to hang out...cole is a trouble maker ;) be careful.hehe i love him for it!

A.B. said...

We have case of the fussies over here, too. I like to call them the grizzlies.

I love tht smile... and the pic of him sleeping. Who doesn't love a sleeping baby. They'll sleep through the night soon, right? Hopefully for you, faster than me!

Heidi Bruch said...

Omg, seriously he is darling. Write in his baby book that EVERYONE thinks he has the best smile, because he does. He is gorgeous. 4 months. Love this age...it is magic...they are starting to really sleep more and become less fussy. Amen. Ps, Jon is not so into babies either, although he probably would never say it out loud. he is too too cute. Xoxo

Liz said...

Love and miss the scrunch butt. Congratulations on one cute little cryer.

Amy D. said...

He is soooo cute. I love his smile and good thing he is darling to make up for all that fussing. Thanks for making me laugh out loud not once, but twice. Ryan's quote is classic. and I would let you babysit anyday.

Sarah K said...

Kyle has uttered those same words. Must be a Dad thing. Carson's smile is unlike any other. What a cute little snuggle bug he is!!

Lis said...

Is he fussy?! Maybe he will be a perfect toddler. And his smile is TDF.

Jocelyn said...

um. it's not just a dad thing. unfortunately, i'm not big into newbies either. hence, me not holding carson til he was 3.5 months old. hopefully bennett doesn't feel the same way i do... .or i fear our little luke will be neglected.

Val said...

I just LOVE that smile, can't get enough of it. He was giving me lots of smiles today. I don't care how fussy he is, he is still the cutest thing around!