Monday, April 25, 2011

he's here.

Meet...
Luke Ryan Whitsell
Born April 25th, 2011 at 6:25pm via c-section.
9lbs 10oz.
20 3/4 inches long.
Poor Mama was in labor for over 13 hours, before they decided his big ole' noggin wasn't gonna fit. 
My favorite parts of our very first meeting...
His Mama kept calling him little pal and was so, so calm with him.
I got to see his first tubby...and hear him scream.
While Lukie was grabbing Bennett's finger and staring at him, B shook it and said "Hi Luke.  I'm your Dad."  In only the cutest way Bennett could.
He nursed for well over an hour...while Ry had to sit out in the hall.
When he started crying while his Mama was nursing him, she got the saddest look her face and said 'I don't like when he cries...Meg what do I do.'
It's amazing how that Mama instinct kicks in instantly. 
Jaw dropping actually.
Joc and Bennett, they are in for it, they are smitten.  Unconditionally, wholly, purely, absolutely, without a doubt, smitten.   
As am I. 
Don't tell anyone Luke, but you make me want another.  I'm serious though.  Keep your little lips sealed.
 

16 comments:

Sarah K said...

How exciting! I can hear Bennett uttering those words and it makes my heart happy. Very excited for the Whitsell Fam! Luke is a doll. A big one. ;)

Meghan said...

YES! He's here...

Way to go Joc! 13 hours. Holy moly!

He is precious and I love this post.

It made me teary. And happy. And excited.

Have another Meg...have another!

katy said...

yay! so happy he is here safe and sound! what a DOLL! obviously he is perfect! so glad he came before you left and you were able to see him and get your hands on him. happy day for all of you! xoxo

Shawna said...

He is adorable! Congrats to Jocelyn and Bennett! (and Auntie Meg too) BTW, you are totally having another. :)

Brieanne said...

That tub picture is the best thing I've ever seen! Congrats Jocelyn!!

Heidi Bruch said...

Congrats! So excited for this post! He is darling. Labor is forgotten the second they pop out. Yeah for healthy mom and babe, obviously he makes me want another. He is gorgeous....wool hoooo!

Sundi said...

I knew I could count on you, last time I checked ur blog u most have been working on this post. I've been relying on my husband for details and cell phone pics. He is so beautiful and Joc and B look thrilled. I missed out by not being there. I got teary eyed about the baby cry cause it's true about a mothers emotion to her own baby crying. Love that!

Val said...

Such a sweet post. So excited for them, so glad you got to be there for it all. Luke is darling. Can't wait to meet the little (big) guy!

Amy D. said...

YEAH!!! I've been waiting for this post. He is so darling. Babies are so much cuter with some chub on them. joc will be the best mommy.

Katie said...

he looks just like daddy)! :) what a great post Megs... And i don't blame you for wanting another. Besides, you make super cute babies, it'd be a shame to quit now!

Heather Conniff said...

He is darling! Big congrats to Bennett and Joc. Welcome baby Luke!

Alicia said...

So excited for them both. I knew that despite all Joc's fears of becoming a mom that she had it. She did not need to worry, she is a natural I am sure. Hope to meet him in person soon. Way to go Joc and B! Welcome baby Luke!

Lauren Carlton said...

teared up and got goosie's reading this. thanks or posting megan.i adore the last picture- sooooo cute. i think he looks like a perfect mix between mommy and daddy. xoxoxo

A.B. said...

That made me sooooooooooo teary in only the way a love of a friend and the love of a mom can do.

Laurie said...

Cute chunky monkey. Congrats to the new family

Maria said...

LOVE!