Dear Carson.
My oh my has someone stormed into toddler hood.
Actually, you're not a storm...you're a tsunami.
But kid, you are happy. And I like happy.
(although I could do without the messy...I don't like messy).
You still wake up with the BIGGEST smile on your round little face, and instantly start 'talking'. I haven't a clue what you are saying...but you say a lot of it. And you say it loudly. You're starting to put words together, and you completely understand everything we say. It's always amazing to me that we tell you to do something, and your little body can actually go and do it. Your favorite words are Mama, Hiya (Hi), Dada, Baba, Uh-Oh, All done, and Da-doo (doggy). And you're adding more to the mix everyday. You love to point out your belly button, your ears, your mouth, your nose, your eyes...and you get it right about 50% of the time. This I love.
You love being outside. Every time someone opens a door you make a bee-line for it. And you completely lose your mind if you are not allowed out said door. You hate the stroller, but love the backpack. And your all time favorite thing to do is to just walk. The other day you walked over a mile, up hill, both ways, in the snow, with Zaide. You're a man on-the-go.
You are obsessed with cars, and airplanes, and any kind of ball. You love to make your sister crazy...I can't believe you know how to do this so well already. You love to be rocked to sleep, and I love to rock you because it's the only time you are ever still in a 12 hour day. You love people. You are so friendly and so endearing. You are very, very animated and the more excited you get the cuter you get. You always do a little jig, and tuck your little hands behind your back and yell "HIYA" at the top of your lungs. I love that you're not shy. But, I also love the times you are shy and you cling onto my neck for dear life. My friend, you can do no wrong.
You have settled in quite nicely to the tantrum throwing phase of life. Anytime something doesn't go your way, you are instantly on the floor, thrashing around, convulsing, stomping your feet (I have started carrying rectal diastat in my purse). And then you're done. Just like that. I kind of dig this about you. You get mad...then you run to hit your head on something and/or throw a chair and/or hit the dog...and then you're over it. Where as your sister would still be talking about her 'terrible injustice' five days later. You two are making me see the profound difference between a girl and a boy. And I love that I have one of each.
You love to get dirty. You love every food you put in your mouth. The other night at Chipotle you ate two entire kids meals by yourself. You still drink milk from a bottle. Your shirts are always destroyed by the end of the day. You love to jump off things, and will stand on the coffee table and yell "DO, DO, DEE" (one, two, three), and then catapult yourself off. You definitely can keep up with the big kids now. You love tubbies. You say 'no-no' to everything. You lose your marbles when we put you in your carseat. The other day you ate all of Frank's dog treats. You do nothing gently. You hit your head a minimum of 10 times a day...and never, ever cry about it. But when you do get hurt, you always want your Mama. Always. You hate shopping carts. You love Pirates Booty. And you love to make a mess. The bigger the mess, the happier you are.
You are like a blender with the lid off pal. You are a whole lot of crazy.
And I am absolutely crazy about you.
xoxo
Your, boy lovin', Mama.
Actually, you're not a storm...you're a tsunami.
But kid, you are happy. And I like happy.
(although I could do without the messy...I don't like messy).
You still wake up with the BIGGEST smile on your round little face, and instantly start 'talking'. I haven't a clue what you are saying...but you say a lot of it. And you say it loudly. You're starting to put words together, and you completely understand everything we say. It's always amazing to me that we tell you to do something, and your little body can actually go and do it. Your favorite words are Mama, Hiya (Hi), Dada, Baba, Uh-Oh, All done, and Da-doo (doggy). And you're adding more to the mix everyday. You love to point out your belly button, your ears, your mouth, your nose, your eyes...and you get it right about 50% of the time. This I love.
You love being outside. Every time someone opens a door you make a bee-line for it. And you completely lose your mind if you are not allowed out said door. You hate the stroller, but love the backpack. And your all time favorite thing to do is to just walk. The other day you walked over a mile, up hill, both ways, in the snow, with Zaide. You're a man on-the-go.
You are obsessed with cars, and airplanes, and any kind of ball. You love to make your sister crazy...I can't believe you know how to do this so well already. You love to be rocked to sleep, and I love to rock you because it's the only time you are ever still in a 12 hour day. You love people. You are so friendly and so endearing. You are very, very animated and the more excited you get the cuter you get. You always do a little jig, and tuck your little hands behind your back and yell "HIYA" at the top of your lungs. I love that you're not shy. But, I also love the times you are shy and you cling onto my neck for dear life. My friend, you can do no wrong.
You have settled in quite nicely to the tantrum throwing phase of life. Anytime something doesn't go your way, you are instantly on the floor, thrashing around, convulsing, stomping your feet (I have started carrying rectal diastat in my purse). And then you're done. Just like that. I kind of dig this about you. You get mad...then you run to hit your head on something and/or throw a chair and/or hit the dog...and then you're over it. Where as your sister would still be talking about her 'terrible injustice' five days later. You two are making me see the profound difference between a girl and a boy. And I love that I have one of each.
You love to get dirty. You love every food you put in your mouth. The other night at Chipotle you ate two entire kids meals by yourself. You still drink milk from a bottle. Your shirts are always destroyed by the end of the day. You love to jump off things, and will stand on the coffee table and yell "DO, DO, DEE" (one, two, three), and then catapult yourself off. You definitely can keep up with the big kids now. You love tubbies. You say 'no-no' to everything. You lose your marbles when we put you in your carseat. The other day you ate all of Frank's dog treats. You do nothing gently. You hit your head a minimum of 10 times a day...and never, ever cry about it. But when you do get hurt, you always want your Mama. Always. You hate shopping carts. You love Pirates Booty. And you love to make a mess. The bigger the mess, the happier you are.
You are like a blender with the lid off pal. You are a whole lot of crazy.
And I am absolutely crazy about you.
xoxo
Your, boy lovin', Mama.
9 comments:
"blender with the lid off" best description of a boy ever!
there will be no rest for you for the next 25 years -
I love him, and yet I feel like I hardly know him because I haven't seen any of these tricks you write about, which means its been too long since I got to spend time with CRP. And that kind of pisses me off, Meg.
Doll. Stinkin'. Face.
p.s. Where the hell have you been? The blogosphere is a boring place without you.
Our CARSON!!! that name must always be yelled very annoyingly, but it suits little bruddy to a T. He is all boy that's for sure. I adore his chair throwing hissy fits, and how he bounces back once he's thrown the chair. Love the head bonking. In fact, he reminds me so much of my little Pal/Tonsy/Bruddy that I am smiling just reliving those days when I had a wild baby boy who bonked his head on a daily basis.
Smell his head. Does it smell like hot dirt? Then you have a perfect boy, my dear.
I second Fiona's comment.
Quit hiding Carsie.
oh my gosh. I just LOVE how much you love your kiddos. seriously. it's ridic.
and i agree with Shaina, "blender with the lid off" is genius. just a perfect description.
He's a maniac. And his handler is having a hard time keeping Cahson in line. She doesn't realize that in about two months he's going to be way bigger than she is.
this picture is too cute! his smile is the best
Post a Comment