Friday, May 4, 2012

a little appreciation.

I think being a teacher is one of the most important jobs.
In the entire world.
These big people teach our little people.
They mold them, they shape them, they have patience with them, they listen to them, they teach them to trust, they make anything seem possible to them, they plant the seeds of future dreams for them, they hold them accountable, they teach them to try, they teach them how to succeed, and teach them it's okay to fail, they let them imagine, they let them be curious, they teach them to read and write and add and think, they empower them, they are there for them, and they change their worlds.
And, in turn, that changes our world.
These people are...what's that word...oh yes...
HEROES.
So thank one today.
Hug one today.
Hell, smack one on the ass.
Just let them know they make a difference.
They make all the difference in the world.

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Amen. Teachers are THE BEST. And nurses are right up there too!

Sue said...

I agree! And they should be making Sports Star money . . . oh wait - THEY aren't playing a game .. .

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook said...

As if I didn't love you enough already...thanks for appreciating the teachers!! We appreciate it. :)

Heather Conniff said...

AGREE. Teachers should be paid at least 5X's. Serious heroes!

fiona westover said...

Nice words, Meg.
Fab drawing, Hads.
Now, drop that beauty in a frame, wrap her up, and give Miss Michelle a slap on the ass when you give it to her.

zaideafraidey said...

captured perfectly. The main reason I served on the School Board so many years was to be able to support the MANY efforts of those who care so much and work so hard for our kids. Can't wait to meet all the folks that will be a special part of Hads life.

Jocelyn said...

her first 'teacher'. so cute

NickandKatieAdams said...

You made my day.
Those are great words even if I'm not Hadley's teacher.
I hope you share this with hers.
And I hope I get a bunch of Starbucks gift cards this week.

Lis said...

Plus it's 6 hours of kid free time.

Val said...

Love the teacher shout out, you're always so good at your shout outs:) Miss Michelle is pretty fab, she most certainly does adore Miss Hadley Jane. It's pretty cute.