Sunday, May 13, 2012

mama's day.

Mother's Day.
Five years into this gig and I finally got it down right.
I plan everything myself.
Started the morning off with a little run.
(and met every damn hill in Kirkland a long the way).
Then off for a massage with my Mama.
A quick stop at Molbak's.
(with every single other mother on the Greater Eastside).
Capped the day off with a BBQ and cold beers at Auntie Val's.
A lot of me time, with a potpourri of children.
Best. One. Yet.














Peace out.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg- I came across your blog through my friend Malia's blog-I must say I love your sense of humor, you always crack me up :) I am throwing my 3 year old a princess birthday party and would love to hire a princess that does face painting-could you please give me the info on the company you used? Email-kelley22k@hotmail.com. Thanks so much!!

A.B. said...

Happy Mama's day. I think a plan of your own ensures that it goes well. Well, that and the running and the beers. Mostly the beers. Oh, and those cute kids.

Lis said...

Looks like the *perfect* day. You deserve it.

Jocelyn said...

what a fun day, minus the running a half marathon up a hill. can't believe you've got 5 years of mothering under your belt!

Nicole said...

I think your the coolest mom ever.

You inspire me to run everyday.

No really you do.

You have never looked better.

Ryan is one lucky man!!!

Andrea said...

DUDE! I was gonna ask you how this race went but I'm thinking you are being an over-achiever and going to the early bootcamp these days. maybe I'll try to this summer when school is out... Hope the race went well. Also, your beach post confirmed for me that, yes, our kids have swimming at the same time - saw your kiddo in her cute stripey suit at the pool last nite :)

Val said...

It was a really great day! So fun. Love your pics.

Laurie said...

good idea to make a plan that you like. Otherwise it's waffles and a card. Although I seem to recall your spouse doing a pretty good job w celebrations?

fiona westover said...

I bet you got a gift too, didn't you. Lucky.
Can I have your arms?
Actually, I want to torso too.
And Carson and Ryan the beer drinking twins is the best. Museum wrap that puppy and hang it next to the pics of Ry shirtless with Hads. (I die every time I think of that photo session. I just can't picture convincing Phil that its a normal thing to do. Don't know what kind of state of mind Ryan was in.)
You're the best mom out there, Meg. Just ask Finn. He loves ya and would drop me in a flash for the chance to live with you.

Sue said...

I am just curious as to what the attraction is the the Britney Spears Straw Hat??

Heather Conniff said...

you deserve an amazing day. xoxo

Katie said...

Glad Ryan found his fedora. The day wouldn't of been a total loss other wise.

Happy Mothers Day ! A week and a day late- but that's my style...

Shawna said...

Looks like an absolute perfect day. Except for running a half, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you, my friend!