Saturday, May 2, 2009

...and Hadley (almost) came tumbling after.

The other night we went to the M's game with my folks. Most of you know, my parents have AMAZING seats in the All-Star club where we feel like royalty and are treated even better. You can be inside gorging yourself on all the 'free', delicious food, and/or go outside and be a part of the crowd...it's a blast! We make sure to invite ourselves as often as possible. However, at our most recent game there was almost the death of a two year old...

Hadley, dressed to the nines in her M's gear, wanted to go to the outside area with Zaide and Baba where all the action is. I said to both my parents, under my breath, as to not give my little deviant any ideas, "watch her, she'll toss that sippy cup off the ledge." They both looked at me like I was a crazy, paranoid, freak. Baba's last words "she'll be fine. I'll watch her."

Here she is, hypnotizing us with those eyes, as charming as ever, and getting ready for...

...the over arm toss.

I had the camera in continuous mode, and was cracking up when I saw these pictures and that this was the last one. It's Hadley and I both peering over the edge to see the person who was, most likely, going to sue us. Luckily the sippy cup landed on a very nice young man, who was thankfully drinking beer, so when we walked down sheepishly and offered him a fresh beer for his troubles, he was thrilled. I reassured him, and those sitting close by, that it would not happen again...but if it did, I told them to duck and cover because a 30 pound two year old would be following right after.



But her Zaide and Baba love her regardless!

5 comments:

Heidi Bruch said...

OMG - love the play by play. PS - Can't believe I really typed OMG.

MI XI XI NI CHIU said...

YAY HADLEY!!! now that is INTELLIGENCE!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie "Swens" Barton said...

Snowed...Baba and Zaide's eyes must be scratched from all that wool. Hilarious!

Laurie said...

Z and B 4ever. And I'll bet the ladies in the All Star Club would allow Hadley to throw anything she wanted over the ledge.

zaideafraidey said...

love that since Meg and Ry both "forgot" their wallets, Baba was on the hook for the apology beer too. She was pretty darn sneaky.