Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Mama's Day.

A day late a dollar short, I know, the story of my life. Although Mom's day was over a week ago, I am still basking in the glory of such a fun-filled, spoil me rotten, and don't forget the presents, kind of day. Started off with the sun shining, a 'short' run (just me & Rudy), and meeting up with Hadley and Ryan at Starbucks. Much to my surprise, Ryan went the sneaky route, and presented me with a massage & facial that was scheduled to take place in the next hour. Now getting a massage is always nice, but having it scheduled for you and not having to make arrangements for someone to watch the babe and, more importantly, not having to talk to a stranger on the phone to make the actual appointment...pure bliss.
Then we headed to UVillage for lunch with my mom, a little shopping, fun at the playground, a time-out, ice cream, Ryan got hit, another time-out, and a quiet car ride home.
And no, it's not over yet, next we went to Val's for a BBQ, some beers, and cold-stone cupcakes.
AH...PERFECTION.








Oh two year olds...you gotta love them. I don't, necessarily, but someone must. Don't worry, although she did this a whole lot of the day, I didn't let her steal my thunder.

8 comments:

heather said...

FUN day, cute scarf, love the pic of 3 generations, Hadley's dress is very sweet. XOXO

Jocelyn said...

ryan is really so thoughtful. but i also thinks he knows better than not to do good for u on these special days. i would not want your wrath upon me if presents weren't amazing and the whole day wasn't planned perfectly. can you imagine if he just gave you a card? um... coldstone has cupcakes? what rock have i been hiding under? p.s. love hadley's dress. really love it on her. it's kinda the perfect style dress for this little sporty girl.

Loosy said...

I agree with your two best lady friends. Love Hadley's dress. So sporty like her momma. Speaking of, you look like, I don't know...you've been training for a marathon?!?!? Damn you and your svelte body and super human lungs.

Lis said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day. Good work Ryan!

Lis said...

And I love the last pic with Val cracking up and Hadley hysterical.

katy said...

Oooh, totally the perfect day minus the running with Rudy part. My Ryan needs to take some hints from your Ryan. Mine has been lacking in the present department lately. Love you and Happy Mother's Day friend!

Laurie said...

great pic of you three gals, I'm sure Zaide loved the U Vill. meet-up. Also, 2 year olds are just getting you ready for their teenage years. Except YOU will be the one with that crying face (not really, I loved my teenagers they hardly ever made me cry).

Val said...

It was a great day- I love the pics of Hads at the bbq. She didn't love the day as much as us but luckily the cold stone did the trick:)