Sunday, September 20, 2009

welcome baby boy.

COLE PATRICK CONNIFF
arrived 9.9.09
6.13oz of cuteness
20.5in. of perfection


I know, it's old news...but I'm still excited!!! Little Cole marched right into this world 11 days ago and we already love all of his little baby guts. He's the perfect mix of Mama & Dada, not that a mix of them could go wrong. CONGRATS! Being at the hospital filled me with all sorts of emotions, realizing that we would be here in 5 short months (God, is that all?!). Hadley was all about the baby and I was (foolishly) thinking to myself, wow, this really is going to be great. And then my bubble was burst as I made the fatal decision to hold Cole myself. The sobs coming from the other side of the room of 'NO MAMA HOLD THAT BABY', probably clouded Heath & Pat's happy little new parent buzz. Once I was able to get her to stop crying and sit on my lap with the baby, promising her there was PLENTY of lap on Mama to share, I explained to her in just a little while Mama, Dada, and Hadley would be bringing home a new baby too...she thought for a minute, looked at me, looked at Ryan, looked down my shirt, looked back at Ryan and in her sternest little voice she said "No Dada you hold this baby (pointing to my stomach)...and Mama hold's me." No questions asked.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

omg that is so cute (and mean) of Hads. She is exactly right, Dad can hold the new thing, Mama's lap is HERS.

Katie said...

does Cole have a face? ;) j/k that is exciting! we love new babies!

Lis said...

Oh boy! This could get interesting. She's so good with Allie though...then again you're not around. At least she loves her big girl bed!

Jocelyn said...

heather's huge smile says it all. welcome cole!

zaideafraidey said...

congrats Heather and Pat...what a lucky little boy Cole is to have such fun parents. What a wonderful adventure you have begun, enjoy all of it.

katy said...

Can't tell if the baby is cute or not but his parents sure are so I'm sure he's adorable! ;) Congrats to them! They look so happy!