Sunday, February 5, 2012

a girl and a boy.

She could do this all day...

He could do this all day...
Boys and girls.
They are just different.
Very, very, very, very different.
At least mine are.
She comes over and hugs and kisses me for no reason at all.
He comes over and smacks me on the head and cuddles me for no reason at all.
She talks non-stop, asks endless questions, and watches everything.
He points, grunts, and says 'DADA' to everything.
She will lay on the couch quietly 'reading'.
He doesn't do anything quietly.
She is content just being on my lap.
He can't sit still to save his life.
She can't stand anything dirty on her.
He can't get through a day in the outfit he starts in.
I am still undecided which I like better.
Kind of.
My little secret.

9 comments:

Sandie B said...

I know exactly what you are talking about...it was one of the many things that I loved about having boy - girl twins.. watching the difference between the two, from the time they were infants...call it nature...I will admit some of Josie's tomboy ways were nurtured as was Ry's very tender sweet side...big hugs to all of you!

katy said...

then i must have a he-she! ava hits, likes to bake, cannot sit still, spits, likes to be clean, is so loud, hates to sit and loathes reading, talks non stop and swears and cries and on and on and on...

you are lucky to have a boy. the hormonal fluctuations, whining, drama and crying are starting to make me nutso. xo

oh and p.s. ava likes to stick her finger up peoples butts. what gender does that fall under?

Jocelyn said...

I love that u get to enjoy both ur kiddos for who they are. And I think birth order plays a part of it too. So interesting. I loved growing up a girl that was a huge tomboy but who loved to craft. Love ur little book worm and your little monster.

Sue said...

yep - kids are so different - doesn't matter how yuo raise 'em - boys will ALWAYS make a gun out of anything and girls will always find SOMETHING to nurture be it dolls or chickens . . .

Val said...

and mind are exactly opposite, go figure!

Laurie said...

they are both utterly adorable.

Lis said...

So true. They are the epitome of a girl and a boy.

Heather Conniff said...

ohhhhh, you just wait, boys do get crazier and crazier. cannot wait until Carson can talk!

Laurie said...

Heather, what makes you think Hadley will allow Carsie to talk? I'm sure she is planning to interpret for him.