To me, this would be the life for a stay at home Mama.
Lunch at Redhook...daily.
Forget zoo passes, the Children's Museum, the library, PEPS groups...I would have a Redhook Mom's Group, and we would all have our very own [very coveted] mug that hangs from the bar, along with all the other regulars.
And maybe we would all need an intervention.
But we would all be happy.
So very happy.
And on this particular day, my 'moms group' did not disappoint.
We were celebrating Heather's last day of 'freedom' before she went back to work.
I am still on the fence with which feels 'free-er'...work or home.
(it's work...I am actually not on the fence at all).
The kids were spectacular, the Oreo cookies worked fabulous for bribes, we were the only women there, needless to say, they were the only kids there, I bought a 12-pack of 22's on the way out, Hadley almost got hit by a car on the way out...and we never stopped smiling.(Except when I yelled at Hadley for running out in the parking lot).
And we most definitely NEVER stopped chatting.
Not even to catch our breath.
We were very, very happy.
CHEERS.
Carsie, are you kidding me?
7 comments:
Where do I sign up? I nominate myself co-chair of the group, seeing as we can all just stumble home to my house (kids strapped tightly in their strollers with helmets on, of course) to sober up...thereby turning this into a very responsible, totally reasonable Mom's Group.
I'm very good at mid-day drinking and beers. I mean babies. I also often apologize for the mess that will occur prior to G ever eating. Lets have lunch in say... Colorado? Is that half way?
I'll bring your mug.
oh Carsie, you are such a pigpen. But a cute one! In fact that whole group of kids is adorable. And lunch w beers sounds pretty good.
I am so hoping that you left a really good tip AND apologized to all those men around you who thought they were safe at a bar in the middle of the day :)
Did you seem them rolling out the hoses after you left? Carson, how are you so tall? Everything is ending up on the floor, your face and your clothes!
I'm dying that Hadley is wearing the JB shirt again! I think she's worn it 4 out of the last 5 times I've seen her. Now I'm really regretting that I didn't get her one for Christmas, then she'd have 2 to rotate. But her birthday is coming up...
Love Carsie's GIANT mess! Can't believe Heather is already going back to work and I still haven't met Case!
Love his mess. Awesome. And I love that you put in a note that there was no contest between work and home. As if anyone who knows you needed a note to know that work was more relaxing for you. I love you cousin!
Post a Comment