Thursday, January 27, 2011

our girl.

Joc recently gave me ALL the pics she took the day of Carson's birth.  All 390 of them.  I have yet to go through them with dry eyes.  It amazes me what pictures can capture and how they can immediately bring you back to a specific place, time, and feeling.  This little photo instantly caught my eye.  It's of Hadley in the waiting room, while Ryan and I were in the OR 'having' Carson.  This picture is SO her.  Standing back from the group, arms behind her back, a little unsure about what is going on, a little nervous, a lot pensive, watching and studying the chaos...just quietly taking it all in.   

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

everytime i look at this picture... i too think it is just so hadley. this is what gets me about photography. it really tells its very own story. (maybe i need to make your 'movie' in color and b/w

zaideafraidey said...

those very same verbs could describe her mama on most occassions too. I love that about her too.

Val said...

Very cute pic. I want to see all the pics, I think a slide show is in order:)

Laurie said...

yes, when are you going to put that massive slide show up so we can relive every moment with you? Cute pic, cute mouse. Love the shy girl!

Jocelyn said...

i have a 14 minute movie that i'm trying to compress so i can put it up on vimeo.com
having a hard time. boo.

Heidi Bruch said...

She is so you. Everything you described is a mini-Meg. Just like your mama said. Darling. Xoxo

Katie said...

such a great pic, way to capture that presh moment Joc! :) and i agree, she is mini-Meg.

katy said...

so sweet. love this. funny how different they can all be.