I am such a sucker for sick kids...I just feel awful for them and they break my little heart (guess I chose the right profession...yeah me). I think it's because kids are so tough, they just suck it up, and don't complain. They become these pathetic little things that want you to hold them and just make it better. And lets admit it...Mama's always make it better. Two weeks ago, Hadley had the nasty little flu bug that plagues every family this time of year. She was a snotty, fevery, coughing, barfing, little mess. But she got two whole days in Mama and Dad's bed, watching movies, and eating off a TV tray. She loved it.
And this little one now has Croup (fun...something to put in his very blank baby book). Sorry Cars, blame your sister, the little germ factory. He sounds like a baby seal, and has the cutest, raspiest, little cry. He only wants to sleep on his tummy, he only wants to eat day and night, he only wants his Mama (sigh). Apologies to his future wife when he's a sick and whiny husband...I can't help but 'baby' this kid. But it was nothing a little dose of steroids couldn't fix...and now they are all on the mend and I have no excuse for this house to be a disaster. Yet, it still is. I need a wife.
5 comments:
No offers yet? I'll totally be your wife. I get to be the dude. I have the hair and body for it. Wait til you see my beer belly. You be the cleaning woman.
I have now retired from babysitting the hooligans, so I am available for wife duties. Cara has already offered me $50/week plus room and board to come to VA, so make your best offer. PS NOTHING makes a sickie feel better than sleeping in mom & dad's big bed, nothing.
I've been looking for a second wife for years.
Hads looks happy as can be in her sickie pic. Carson looks so sweet, poor guy and his little raspy cough and piggy snort, though he can pretty much pull off anything and be adorable.
Poor family...it's been making the rounds here too. Hads was totally milking her sick leave I am sure. :-) She looks so happy hanging out in bed.
Post a Comment