Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Feels brand spankin' new.

A few weeks ago I went to the UVillage sidewalk sale...and boy, I could have done some damage. But instead of being frivelous, I decided to only look for things we really needed. For example, a new duvet cover, since we've had our for 5+ years and it was boring old khaki. Low and behold, the duvet of my dreams...and price range.

It's orange, matches the lamps perfectly, and was a steal from Pottery Barn. I'm still in shock that Ryan likes it...or in his words 'doesn't hate it.' But that's good enough for me.
Got some cute little frames as well.
So cute, from Fireworks. Joc, I can just see you thinking how easy these would be to make. But for $6.50, I'd rather buy.
And photos on Ryan's side. Look real close and you can see a cobweb in the corner of the dresser...we're gross. Usually Ryan's side is riddled with magazines and I always close them up and put them away in his drawer. Finally he says to me one day, can you make sure you save the page that I was on when you close my magazine. Save the page??? How hard could the page on 'best road biking tires' be to find, or whatever dorky article he's reading in Velo News? Isn't the magazine only like 60 pages long? And who in the world doesn't finish a magazine in one sitting? I guess that'd be Ry and this is the reason there are always four mags sitting on the table, he gets the new before he's finished the old. But he asked nicely, so I do it.
Loving our new little room.

14 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

oh Meg, the pillow shams did make the look, it is darling. So you had your spread for 5 years I am going on 8, maybe a change is brewin for the B.

Sue said...

... you know, you wouldn't have cobwebs if you had a cleaning lady ...

Sue said...

ps - love the new look - and as I was looking at our guest room the other day, I was thinking a change might be due - had the same wallpaper since Pam was 16!

Lis said...

You know, I LOVE sheets. Love to mix and match and get lots of new colors. Very jealous. I was rushing the the sidewalk sale and did not see the great finds at PB.

Jocelyn said...

orange is my fave right now for duvets. just ask my mom- she'll concur. now i'm very envious albeit a bit jealous even.

zaideafraidey said...

hmmmmm...Susan thinking a change might be due---run Tom run!!!

Jocelyn said...

oh and don't think i didn't notice your artistic touch of having the french doors in the picture and the side table/lamp shot was shot at an angle. i know you know you what i'm talking about:)

heather said...

Meg, I LOVE it - looks so good and really cozy too! Rudy's bed even blends in!

Meg said...

I knew you would notice. Thank you.

Meg said...

Sue, if you wait just a little longer I'm sure the room will be back in style.

Val said...

I am sooooooo jealous! We were just talking about how we've had our bedding for 5 years too and really want new. Next time there is a sidewalk sale you need to call me!!! It looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Great job on the room Megs. It's so cute. I love the orange duvet, and am coveting those lamps.

Anonymous said...

cutest bed-set ever!!! I am jealous.

Nicole said...

Love the new room. Love a good deal of PB.