Yesterday we drove to T-town so I could visit with my best buds from college, Katy and Tyson. It was so much fun to see my two favs and their adorable baby girls. It's like time is never lost when we see eachother, we pick up right where we left off...which is why they are among my bestest friends. Thanks for the visit all of you, and Mama Rhodes for the fabulous chicken salad sandwiches, and Ryan for cleaning up the mess (Katy's Ry, not mine). I just can't believe how grown up we all are and how we're still so much the same. You'll always be apart of some of my most favorite memories, and I'm sure a part of a lot of memories I don't remember;)...we did go to WSU afterall!
So I gotta say a little bit about this gal Katy, since she is one of my most favorite people. However, it didn't start out that way. I first remember Kate when we had a Chemistry class together. I thought she was SO annoying; always asking questions, always flirting with the TA, and such a sorority girl. Our paths crossed again in nursing school and I soon realized why I wanted to kick this gal in the shins...I wanted to be her. She was super cute, super skinny, super smart, had a super great laugh, and drove a super sporty Outback. Luckily, fate was on my side and we became BF's literally overnight.
Katy is truly a saint. She lived with me for a year (no easy task) in the ghetto of Spokane, she studied with me at any and all hours (and ignored my ADD) and she never said a word when I would whip up one of my most famous concoction's: Ketchup/Mustard/Pickle surprise.
I can't think of a bad time we had, the three of us could make any and everything fun...even wiping old people in nursing homes, or playing chess with some psychotic killer at Eastern State Hospital. Kate you haven't changed a bit...you're still super cute, super skinny (even after two kids), super smart, have a super great laugh...and have an even cooler car with a PA and siren;). You are an amazing Mama and definitely found your true love in life...being one. Lets do this again soon...I love when we are gaga about eachother.
XOXO
8 comments:
what a motley crew- love it! good job for driving far (kinda an exaggeration but kinda not). i know when it was all said and done- you were probably wondering why you don't do it more often. katy does look super happy to those girls mom. glad you got to meet up with your old nursing buddies. and glad you recognized that you aren't an easy person to live with:)
Love the names Sadie and Ava, what cuties (and all the babies there are darling). How fun that you keep in touch with your college buds. Glad you both survived Arthur Court and made it out alive!
Joc, you're correct on every single aspect. And you loved living with me...who else do you know gets booby-traps set on them by their big fat roommates. Only me my friend;). And if you didn't live with me, I would never think of you everytime I listened to the Dixie Chicks, smile everytime I see a Mary Englebert sticky note, or laugh everytime I see a grey Le Pen.
i am DYING. seriously dying and you know why- and i'm sure ry does too:(
Are you kidding me? That was the sweetest thing I've ever read about myself! Looks like you win the contest for who will be writing my will someday! Loved, loved, loved seeing you! XOXO
P.S. Funny, I meant to say obit but I must have subconciuosly thought that too morbid. Plus, I'm sure you'd rather write my will anyway! :)
T-Town is a trek. Way to go! Now we need you guys to trek to scary S. Seattle!
GO COUGS! I love it! Yeah - my Coug friends are some of my closest. Looks like you feel the same way.
Post a Comment