Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Please don't be like your mother.

Hadley and I ran to the park the other day and were having a fabulous time...until other people showed up. Why am I such a recluse? I just hate faking that I want to know the other kids names, how old they are, and what their favorite color is....etc. So we played with them for about 5 minutes and then headed home, to be by ourselves. Oh Hadley, I'm already saving for your therapy babe.
Strike a pose.

See the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Here she is checking the kids out and surely thinking "be on your way people."
RUDY...he's hasn't gotten a lot of press lately. He is still alive, although the other day when I came home to a poop-filled diaper ripped open on the carpet he almost got a bowl full of sedatives.

10 comments:

Sue said...

AHA! Now I can see you are starting to inch over to MY camp . . .

zaideafraidey said...

thank god she has Z.A. in her camp, we talk to everyone (maybe not in the Michelle Cougan mode) but we do at least make eye contact.

Lis said...

You don't have to ask M.D. or L.D. which colors are their favs so next time call when you make the trek to S Park!

Meg said...

We're safe, this wasn't at Seward. Cherry Hill Park in fact, right in the 'ville.

Laurie said...

That's my girl! I knew it!

Laurie said...

ps you already know all the people you need to know for the rest of your life, no need to bring in strangers.

Lis said...

Phew! You ARE off the hook then :-)

Jocelyn said...

this is like de ja vu- because i saw you this day- and so this all sounds a little familiar but too funny not to comment. i think so many people would be stunned at what a 'shy' gal you are. you pull the 'extrovert meg' off so famously. hadley sitting on the sideline with her thumb tucked in her mouth watching kills me. people watching is the best and she already knows it! she's gotta have a little bz in her somewhere so i'm not nervous. and look at you- you are a total fraud but nobody would know it. you gotta fake it to make it sometimes:)

Hope said...

Shy? Hmmm. . . Interesting side to you Meg. As far as Hads? She has so much fun with those around her - no need to socialize. :)

Hope said...

Shy? Hmmm. . . Interesting side to you Meg. As far as Hads? She has so much fun with those around her - no need to socialize. :)