For those of you who don't get it....my mom wrote this poem when she was younger and truly thinks it was one of the best pieces of literature ever. And all my Auntie Laurie wanted for Christmas was hearing her dear sister recite it, yet one more time. I can only imagine the number of times she heard it from the top bunk and am also trying imagine how my mom wasn't beat up more often for coming up with crap like this.
One of (as you can imgine) many outtakes. I was crouching down, backing up (for dramatic effect), and tripped on a sewing machine.
12 comments:
OH OH OH I am IN LOVE. If this doesn't take the Oscar for best short I'm shocked (esp the outtake). LOVE IT TO DEATH. B, you haven't lost a thing over the years, and yes I did hear this poem many a time (I may have finally hit her with my cast and/or the wooden tennis racket to stop her). BEST GIFT EVER, thank you Mary and Meg.
So funny. Love the sewing machine outtake. I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. I also love BZ's Mary impersonation. You are brilliant Mary Beth! Merry Christmas.
I think you need to go by . . . Mary (Beth) - I feel off my chair with many liquids coming out my nose at the outtake - blessed Christmas to you all! I am going back to bed.
ok that would be FELL - now I AM going back to bed
Kevin and I are laughing so hard right now. This does have Oscar written all over it and the outake is even funnier. You are so talented BZ, we had no idea you were so dramatic! And Meg, you should win for best cinemotagraphy and direction:)
I have known BZ Davis for 32 years. You would think with a friendship as close as any two sisters could be I would have already heard the dramatic rendition of Joseph - especially considering my only son's middle name is Joseph. But no, part of the wonder and mystery of BZ Davis is the never ending depths of this woman's talents. Just when you think you've heard every story, studied every nuance of her personality, seen and experienced the amazing events she puts together- she's pulls out a beauty like her performance of JOSEPH. The only thing that would have made it better is if she'd put it to music. Maybe next year.
Okay, had my hubby watch with me too after the 5th time...HILARIOUS!!! BZ...I am dying laughing. You are definitely one talented gal! Meg, you are awesome! Such fab entertainment! Merry Christmas!
BZ - I LOVE your laugh, it is so wonderful, instantly put the biggest smile on my face! Hilarious!
forgot to mention how much I loved your 'costume' too. Still laughing and snorting things out the nostrils.
rolling at you - clutz.
love it. love you. both of you.
what are you, snowed in at the cabin or something? NEW POSTS. Want to see Hads @ Christmas!
Post a Comment