Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa baby.

So Ry picked our Santa picture up two weeks ago and when I excitedly asked how it was, he quickly said 'you're not going to like it.' Oh it can't be that bad, I thought...and to my horror, it was. I simply said 'this won't do'. Ryan said 'well you're not bringing her back.' Oh you wanna bet?! She needs to be actually sitting on Santa's lap and it's my fault she's not. I could tell the Nordstrom Santa was a little nervous holding a back-bending Hadley and against my motherly instincts, I agreed to have her sit on the stupid rocking horse, only to appease a weary Santa and a bunch of annoying elves. When in my heart of hearts, I was just fine having her be a total wreck. Maybe it's because I think crying Santa pictures are a kids hazing into 'Christmas-hood', or maybe because I'm just mean. Either way, we went back....

...and I got what I wanted.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

21 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the way Santa looks so happy and cute little Hadley looks crazed! What a perfect picture!

Jocelyn said...

yah! you got your crying santa pic. you already know i think you are crazy, but not at all surprised the day you told me you were going back to get this picture. i've honestly never met anyone more excited to get these pics than you. you are truly one in a million. smooch.

Karen, Shane and Lily said...

Nice - looks a lot like ours. I was also laughing the whole time it happened and when the picture lady asked me which of the two crying pictures I liked I told her to surprise me.

Sue said...

she will have the same look of terror next year as well . . .

Sundi said...

Well I think you can't have one picture without the other. It shows the true story and I'm glad you got exactly what you wanted in the end.

malia said...

You go...I had to tell the girl at nordys to "just take the picture" 3times before she trusted I was serious. No horses for us, either!

Unknown said...

That is brilliant. You better save that one for the Senior year yearbook! I love that you are willing to subject your daughter to trauma to appease your own crazy desires. That poor Santa might be throwing in the towel after this!

katy said...

This is exactly why I love you. You are so different from me and I wish I had a tad bit of you in me but I guess I can live vicariously right? I am so lame...held Ava on my lap at her one year santa pic... (Hate it!) and had her sit on the horse both last year and this year to keep her from crying. I will say I sort of don't treat Ila the same. Maybe because she's my 2nd or maybe cuz I knew she'd cry no matter what so she got thrown on santa's lap and I didn't look back. You really have no mercy and I think that's what people love about you! :) And you're not afraid to admit it!

Val said...

Love it, everyone's got to have one.

Marie said...

So cute, and yet so sad at the same time. I am sure that the candy cane from Santa cheered her right up.

Laurie said...

we need to see YOUR screaming Santa pic from that age so we can compare the looks of utter terror. And you are right, the damn rocking horse is for pussies.

heather said...

Hilarious - love the sequence of events! She's so cute even when she hates Santa.

Loosy said...

Perseverance. I love it.

Anonymous said...

It's Tyson. That is a great story! Sadie was equally horrified and yet when three feet away from Santa she's perfectly happy. I love that picture. I can't wait to show Patti. Miss you guys.

Heidi Bruch said...

Thank the lord you went back - what on earth would you have done with a photo of her on a horse? Yuck. LOVE the Crying one - can't wait for ours next year!

Jamie "Swens" Barton said...

I would be laughing out loud, except for I have a sleeping baby right next to me...so there is a seriously stifled laugh going on right now! Maybe a few nose snorts, too. I love it! So Megan!! And I do remember a similar pic of a young Meg crying on Santa's lap! love, love, love it...and that Ryan knew you were going to hate the first take!

Jamie "Swens" Barton said...

And just stifled another out burst of laughing at Laurie's pussy comment...you can always count on Meg's fam to tell it like it is!

... said...

torture.

Kasie M. said...

The second picture is the most perfect Santa picture! I'm a lame mama, we didn't do Santa pics. We tried, but the line was FOREVER long. Next year! Hope you guys had a great Christmas.

Anonymous said...

The crying Sanata pic is way better Meg!!!! I can't believe Ry almost wouldn't let you take her back....well worth it!

A.B. said...

This may be one of my favorites. I love a screaming baby. That isn't mine. ANd isn't at target.