...where you just want to punch your kid in the stomach. Let's just say she's lucky there were a lot of witnesses at Bell Square, or she wouldn't have made it to her first b-day.
Oh my goodness Meg. There are a couple of things with this video - a) yes, I have actually wrote secretly in my journal about wanting to punch my child - thanks for getting it out in the open - b) I just wanted to pick up little Hads and make it all better and c) I'm SOOOO happy to hear even the wonderful little children have meltdowns and not just the ones with a pre-paid room at juvenile detention. Thanks for making me feel a little more normal.
Um....just about once a day!!! Just wait until she starts talking and having Toddler Girl PMS. It's not fun. But then they something hilariously cute and it all goes away. Some days are just better than others.
I have wanted to punch other people's kids in the stomach- does that count? But never yours! Not even with this little fit she's having. The fun part about being an auntie/friend- I get to laugh at these little episodes. By the way- I think she just wanted that friggin hoodie off her head.
I am thinking it would not have sounded so creepy to say "ever have one of those days that you wanted to kill your kids" that is a bit more universally accepted, as we know most of us do not actually kill. NOR should we punch anyones dear, sweet little GD in the stomach or anywhere else. ARe you beginning to bring your work home with you?
hmmm kill vs punch. Both sound not so good Zaide, to be honest. Yet every parent has had that feeling of being overwhelmed, and the meltdown always happens in public. Just so you feel a wee bit better Meg, pretty soon you can tell Hads "it's an outside day" and lock her out for the morning...love auntie Lowdie
Aren't those days fun??!! Justin too, the happy child has those meltdowns and it can be soooooooo frustrating! He is learning how to say no with his head so you ask him anything and depending on the mood he will shake yes or no - more often no!! Glad he doesn't say it yet!!!!!
Cracking up here watching you torture your kid! Lauren watched it with me and she kept saying, "Hads Cry" in a very worried voice. It is fun to see other kids throw fits, much more fun that watching your own!
Loved your attempt at comforting talk too. Even during melt down that girl is CUTE. Way to keep from beating her. Soon she'll be old enough that you can just point to the purse and scare the crap out of her with those dreaded words..."WOODEN SPOON".
Megan, Thank-you for posting this because I didn't think Hads ever cried. I had a day like this when I met a girlfriend last Sunday for a walk around Greenlake. Hayley decided she was going to have a fit when we were on the otherside of the lake and it was bad...snot, tears, sweat everywhere. I wanted to take her out of her stroller and toss her into the lake.
14 comments:
Oh my goodness Meg. There are a couple of things with this video - a) yes, I have actually wrote secretly in my journal about wanting to punch my child - thanks for getting it out in the open - b) I just wanted to pick up little Hads and make it all better and c) I'm SOOOO happy to hear even the wonderful little children have meltdowns and not just the ones with a pre-paid room at juvenile detention. Thanks for making me feel a little more normal.
Um....just about once a day!!! Just wait until she starts talking and having Toddler Girl PMS. It's not fun. But then they something hilariously cute and it all goes away. Some days are just better than others.
dying laughing! I was at Bell Square too today..wish I would have seen that!
I have wanted to punch other people's kids in the stomach- does that count? But never yours! Not even with this little fit she's having. The fun part about being an auntie/friend- I get to laugh at these little episodes. By the way- I think she just wanted that friggin hoodie off her head.
I would be doing the same thing if someone made me go to Bel-Square. . .
You have just made my day. Thank you. I feel so much better about my life and my child.
I am thinking it would not have sounded so creepy to say "ever have one of those days that you wanted to kill your kids" that is a bit more universally accepted, as we know most of us do not actually kill. NOR should we punch anyones dear, sweet little GD in the stomach or anywhere else. ARe you beginning to bring your work home with you?
hmmm kill vs punch. Both sound not so good Zaide, to be honest. Yet every parent has had that feeling of being overwhelmed, and the meltdown always happens in public. Just so you feel a wee bit better Meg, pretty soon you can tell Hads "it's an outside day" and lock her out for the morning...love auntie Lowdie
Aren't those days fun??!! Justin too, the happy child has those meltdowns and it can be soooooooo frustrating! He is learning how to say no with his head so you ask him anything and depending on the mood he will shake yes or no - more often no!! Glad he doesn't say it yet!!!!!
Cracking up here watching you torture your kid! Lauren watched it with me and she kept saying, "Hads Cry" in a very worried voice. It is fun to see other kids throw fits, much more fun that watching your own!
I love this vid, so funny! although probably not to you... :) but I love the coughing break, followed by the one little scream... cracked me up!
Loved your attempt at comforting talk too. Even during melt down that girl is CUTE. Way to keep from beating her. Soon she'll be old enough that you can just point to the purse and scare the crap out of her with those dreaded words..."WOODEN SPOON".
Megan, Thank-you for posting this because I didn't think Hads ever cried. I had a day like this when I met a girlfriend last Sunday for a walk around Greenlake. Hayley decided she was going to have a fit when we were on the otherside of the lake and it was bad...snot, tears, sweat everywhere. I wanted to take her out of her stroller and toss her into the lake.
I also love those people that just stare. I wanted to flip them all off! It was not a good outing.
Post a Comment