Friday, February 8, 2008

Let the birthdays begin.

We celebrated my, Mike's and Kevin's birthdays last night at the Prentice's. It was filled with fun, gifts, and lots of sweets.

The girls enjoying their new Princess table.
Opening the loot they got for Valentine's Day.
A quiet moment with Pa.
Hads loving her new gifts.
Lauren being a scary chocolate monster.
Hads sampling some of Nana's sundae (Nana is now the official name for Cindy since that's what Lauren decided to call her...after way too long with no name).
YUM!
And a sweet hug Good-bye.

13 comments:

Lis said...

So fun! I love Valentine's Day gifts! I didn't see this post earlier. Weird. Hads is either going to be a candy freak when she grows up or she's going to be one of those annyoing people who "don't like dessert"

Val said...

great pictures- i especially like the one of them at the table. What a fun night!

Val said...

Lis, i didn't see it here either...

Laurie said...

some people in my family are all "oh I don't like chocolate" (and you know who you are). Hads had better not be that way! Tho I kind of doubt it since she is getting plenty of candy practice.

zaideafraidey said...

You say that "oh I don't like chocolate" like it's a bad thing. Trust me you will never hear I don't like pie!!(unless its chocolate!!) Again with the danger island, sitting in a "big" chair (or one that could easily collapse) with no tie ins. Today a customer did tell me that employees only get 50% off what is remaining after ins. You're gonna need it!!

Meg said...

Kevin was within arms reach. And they say unless a kid falls from 6ft. or more, there's no risk of head trauma. Of course a broken neck is a different story. And the chairs lock. But I'll start shining your safety badge Zaide.
Lis, hate to throw you under the bus, but I don't think I've EVER seen you eat dessert!
And yes, the girl is getting plenty of sweets. Diabetes is in our future.

Sue said...

I suppose it was ok that you missed Hillary last night - and yes - chocolate is not my first choice either - so there - but have plenty of other kinds in the candy jar

zaideafraidey said...

In the one pciture Lauren looks like she should be in a minstrel show, instead of black face she has white face/black lips and Hads looks like she has fangs.

Katie said...

i love how the girls got all the presents on your b-day night! LOL! and mom, I don't like chocolate. ;) but obviously i make up for it with other desserts!

Lis said...

Oh no, I LOVE dessert. Especially FRAN'S Chocolate. The best. Milk chocolate, not carmel or weird gunk on the inside.

Laurie said...

yes I am aware of the choco haters in my family. Some sort of mutant gene. Thank god we all got the pie gene (that must go along with the Sundstrom Legs gene...)

Unknown said...

Katie might hate chocolate, but this daughter definitely does. Not that I actually get to eat any here with Steve the human garbage disposal around.

Hope said...

I LOVE that pic of them sitting at the little table! SO CUTE! As far as the chocolate mouth pic - I LOVE IT - however, the red devil eyes are a little scary. Actually - that might be how I look when I'm eating chocolate.