So a few weeks ago, (geeze, more than a month ago now...but don't worry the wounds are still fresh), I was saying to my mom that Hadley needed a haircut. It was a breezy conversation, nothing deep, nothing more than me making a comment about my scrapnoodle of a kid. My mom counters with, 'I'll take her tomorrow.' And this is where the story gets a little cloudy...I remember saying 'okay, I want to try this new place in Bothell because it's about half the price of her normal fancy schmancy haircut place.' My mom said 'well we'll see if we have time tomorrow.' That was it, nothing more, nothing less. So the next morning, thinking about all the things that could go wrong in this scenario I call my dear mother on my way to work to give her a few haircutting ground rules, and she quickly says 'oh, don't worry about it...there is no way we are going to have time.' And then I come home to this...
Seriously people, this is the little stooge I came home to.
which we decided is worth every single penny. And they confirmed, Hadley pretty much had the worst haircut they've ever seen.

16 comments:
LOLOLOL!!! Moe is exactly IT! But she's cute anyway, and give the B a couple of stars for trying to support the local economy at least. But Main Street Hair Salon? You know you'd get a bad hc there just by the name.
There is a hair salon on main street???
She's still cute no matter what :-) But let it be known Zaide that you are never allowed to take Madeline or Allie to have their hair cut.
thank goodness their is a lot of water over the bridge....this story got a lot closer to the truth than what it started out. And remember it was done out of a whole lot of goodness, thinking I was helping poor prego, v-vein mama out. She does have a pretty darn cute cut, that she is stylin well.
ps. I think in the bloggers etiquetee handbook, there is a section that you cannot threaten an innocent person on another persons blog site.
pps. I understand that the haircut queen in your family is sister Jamie - so there.
I don't know what to say. You nailed it with Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber. But Hadley looked so good with the re-do of the hair cut the last time i saw her. Like you said, there are some things that are worth every penny. the designer jeans, the academy trained stylists...both well worth the money. Sounds like your mom meant well, not that she was trying to go cheap, just get the cut over with, like she said, "A Favor." It gave you something to write about, right?
This is a great story that will only get better with time. Hmmm, B has had so many good ones in the past . . . pop-up kids???
thank god some of the world's other great inventors; Edison, Franklin, Gates, were not so easily deterred by ridicule
(Kristina where are you, I need help!!)
it kinda looks like the time Cara cut my hair and then told me to just "wear a hood" to hide it... :) LOVE the recut though!
stay out of bothell!
stay out of bothell!
At least Cari was a child and had good reason. My mom took her to a woman named BELINDA...that should have been enough for her to turn around.
Sar, it's right next to the donut place that Jamie's mom would always take us to...remember?
oh good lord - that area is not EVEN main street! B - why didn't you just get the pinking shears out??? Hads has repaid everyone after her day at the Narode Abode yesterday - we will be cleaning and sterilizing for the next month! Meg - I am knitting you a jock for your growing v-testicles.
what happened at the narode's?
This makes me so happy that I have a little boy! All I would have to do is shave it all off. Poor Hadley! Good thing she is cute with whatever awful haircut she receives!
OMG I hope you did not make your mom cry with this post, but seriously thank god you got her hair fixed! WOW belinda should be shot!
When you comin' over?
BZ - I would love to help you from being thrown under the bus on this one - and you are right - great ones have been made from ridicule, however, you will probably not be allowed near a salon in the presence of a grand baby ever again. Unless of course they are trying out for a part in Peter Pan.
Post a Comment