MORE HADLEY-ISMS.
I came downstairs to Hadley with the fridge wide open and I asked her what she was looking for...and she said:
Hadley: "I want some more milk, please."
Me: "Hads, I just poured you some milk. You're not getting anymore."
Hadley: "No mama, I just need you to put some milk in my boobies so I can feed my babies."
Me: "Just give them formula, they'll be fine."
AND
The other day we were leaving the house and I said to Hads, 'say good-bye to Rudy', and she looked at him, and said, as she threw up two fingers, 'Peace out Rudes.'
AND
We were heading to a birthday party and I wanted to make sure she understood that lots of other kids were going to be there, and that she would, indeed, be expected to share toys and that the birthday boy was going to be opening lots of presents, but there would not be any presents for her...and so on and so forth. She thinks about this for a minute...and says, so seriously, with one little finger pointed in my face "but I do not have to share my cupcake. I will eat eat it super speedy and then it will be in my tummy, and those kids can't get it out of my tummy. Right?"
No you little fatty, anything that is rightfully in your stomach and partially digested does not have to be shared.
AND
I had gotten home from getting my haircut and Hadley says:
Hads: Mama, you got your haircut?
Me: Yep. You like it?
Hads: You look pretty. You get a sucker?
Me: No, I didn't get a sucker?
Hads: Why you not get a sucker? You not sit still?
15 comments:
She is hilarious...they are sure lucky they become funny at the same time they become little smarty pants/devils in disguise. I must say Meg, the words coming out of her mouth sure sound a lot like her mama.
Peace out, Rudes. That's awesome!
God she is your child. You will be SO happy you posted these Hadleyisms - can't wait until my child is actually talking more than one word so I can get a kick out of what she says. xo
i agree, this girl is totally her mother's child. love her so much. she is too funny!
esp. love our little chub-deb plotting how to ensure no one else gets their meathooks on her cupcake!
I love that you call her your "little fatty". Now that's love, as only a mama could put it.
She is so funny. I love the things that go through her head. Now it's time to start sowing in some Sundstrom-isms like they are real words so she will hate you when she gets in troubs at school for asking why the Cherokee indians were carrying bloody poop on their backs...
Pretty darn cute! She is quite the character.
I have tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard right now. And I can just hear her saying these cute little things so innocently. I do not get to see her enough, I LOVE her! Can't wait for a full weekend of her next weekend.
I'd like you to at least consider open enrolling her in Kirkland schools so I can spend a year teaching her. Totally MFEO.
Just consider it.
I teach them the proper use of "Holla" and the ABCs.
I instruct in using terms such as "kick it" and "chill and be chill".
I feel these are all qualities you are looking for in her education.
That is very funny. She is an adorable little girl
Megan has a little ham.
still can't believe your daughter at not even 3 years old knows how to put words like 'super speedy' together. i'm telling ya.. .she's gonna be an intellectual this one.
aaaaaaaah! i love these. I wish I had written down all of ari's funny sayings.
Hads is pretty dang funny!
Why do I ever go MIA from your blog? Everytime I laugh my ass off, cry a little bit, and think that Ellen Degeneres really needs to feature this blog on a regular basis? Come on, who has the connections there!
Post a Comment