Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The big thing on Facebook.

So I keep getting 'hit' to make a list on Facebook, and FB just ain't my thing yet...I'm partial to the blog world...and I can't possibly keep up with both (or just don't want to), so here's my list of: 25 random facts about me!
1. I love making lists.
2. I shoot a basketball, dribble, write on a chalkboard, and throw underhand left handed...everything else I do with my right.
3. I hold my pencil completely wrong.
4. I've never smoked a cigarette...faked it once in the woods with Lindsey and Chris K. in 8th grade (they were bad kids).
5. I've feel so completely vulnerable being a mom, and think about something bad happening to Hadley every single day...and wonder how I could ever go on.
6. If I drove a Land Rover I think my life would be perfect...Ryan says that makes me shallow.
7. I listen to my iPod every single day...loudly.
8. I hate TV as background noise and I abhor how loud commercials are.
9. My favorite time to run is early in the morning. I feel like I have a little secret before everyone else wakes up.
10. Getting Hadley up and putting her to bed are my favorite times of the day.
11. The people I work with are the most compassionate, intelligent, amazing people I know. They are also the most vulgar, completely inappropriate, most hilarious people I know. I don't think you could do what we do without being all of the above.
12. I love that Ryan still slaps my ass when I walk by...and I think it shakes a bit more than it used to.
13. I look like I have hives with any emotion change.
14. I am so glad I get to be a mom AND have a career, I don't think I could be successful in one without the other.
15. I often prostitute myself out to my husband for new clothes.
16. I used to want 4 kids, now I don't even want 2.
17. I don't know how to dive.
18. I am compulsively clean, yet super messy...go figure.
19. In my next life I want to be a magician.
20. I know every word to the movie 'A Few Good Men'...can you handle that truth?
21. Before Ryan and I got married we had a couple sessions about marriage with our officiant (this was not an optional thing...so we went), and he asked us why we wanted to get married...Ryan said 'nothing else is going on right now.' My jaw dropped and he got yelled at on the car ride home. He said I took it the wrong way, I said learn to lie.
22. I was suspended in high school for 10 days.
23. I wish you could buy patience on EBay, because I'm often lacking in them.
24. I want to be exactly like my mom, except not wear my pants so high.
25. I would rather be punched in the face than speak in public.

15 comments:

zaideafraidey said...

oh how you make me smile. so many things perfectly you and a few surprizes.
my 26 things that are Megan:
you light up any room you enter
such a great smiler
your contrite
loyalty is big with you
you always have your friends backs
if I need you, you're always there
loud laugher
love playing games for "keeps"
a plethora of fears
overcoming fears (flying???)
spoke at School board meeting
fabulous mom
heartfelt card writer
compassionate
witty
hilarious
good dresser
will make fun of people about the same things forever
knows deep down that she will wear her pants high someday
sticks to your gun-nedness
makes me feel like the worlds best mom
tough nut scrumpy-and always will be
loves to read
sets goals and attains them
deeply cares about all in her life

I will stop there, sure do adore you.

Katie said...

love the story about you and Ryan meeting with the officiant! what a goober.

Michelle said...

Okay, I am laughing so much right now thinking about Ryan in that room with the officiant (we call'em a priest in the Catholic church) saying OUTLOUD, "Nothing else is going on right now." As if a pickup basketball game or a round of golf would have put him in a different mindset - hysterical! Oh Meg, I love you and I love your writing!

Unknown said...

First, the lefty thing, you're sort of a freak...but if it makes you feel better, I just learned the other day from Katie that I cast on (knitting) with my left hand. Which is my mom's fault. And I love that you told Ryan to learn to lie. Hopefully that won't bite you in your jiggly ass ;) love you!

fiona westover said...

So, I was going to say that I wanna be just like you. Then, I read what your mom wrote (is your mom zaideafraidey?), and now I am totally serious about wanting to be just like you and just like your mom who is crazy about her daughter even after the teen years. My mom couldn't say something nice about me if the person next to her told her what to say. You, my dear, are the best and the funniest and just a great person to be around.

heather said...

I can't stop laughing, you are so funny! Love that part about clothes and Ryan - just too funny! Thanks for sharing!

Nicole said...

YOu are so funny. You need to write a book. I am doing both the blog and FB and to tell you the truth, it's a bit much.

Bored Housewife said...

I have to know what you were suspended for. (Joanna Nelson turned me on to your blog; is it creepy that I'm a total stranger?)

Laurie said...

great list! And all true. Hope the suspension wasn't due to the 'bloody bundles' incident...and I agree with your mom, you WILL wear the high pants someday.

Jocelyn said...

life would be worse with a land rover... too expensive and a smidge shallow...biggest love well, maybe most admirable to me is that you are a full time mom and you have a career. how you manage it all is amazing:) i know why you got suspended. you kinda were a bad kid in highschool, especially your sr. year. also biggest love about you is how you are the most vulgar and most compassionate person i know. i love your layers.

Meg said...

Monica, so not creepy. All of us are blog stalkers! I was suspended for going to a highschool football game drunk...only I wasn't really drunk, but stupid Jen Babin (who puked during the National Anthem...and is the reason we got caught) and Tiana Anthony told on all of us so we got suspended and they got nothing (because their big fat snitches)...Except they will be hated for the rest of their lives...or at least mine;).

Val said...

YOu are too funny. Great list of randoms. I'm sure hoping the not wanting #2 is not true:( While it is hard it is also the best thing ever. Believe me, I wouldn't lie to you.

Jessica @ The Virtual Scrapbook said...

Since you said it was okay to blog stalk I thought I should tell you I'm one of your stalkers!! I found your blog through Katy, who's a friend of my sister's. I LOVE your blog and wish we were friends. Okay, now I'm really a stalker.

Kirsten said...

I'm with Jessica - I stalk your blog too, and wish we were friends! I found your blog through Nicole's... anyway, FUNNY post!!

katy said...

LOVE, LOVE your list! Also love that stalkers are coming out of the woodwork. You are beyond funny and cool and that's why we all love you! And also, your moms list is to die for sweet!