A few weeks ago we went to Utah to visit one of my very bestest friends, Jamie, who just had a baby girl, Lily Jay. I know, isn't that so stupid that she lives ALL the way in Utah?! So off Sarah, Hadley, and I went for an extended weekend of cooing over Lily, drinking with Jamie and Kenny, and chasing around Hadley. I think Sarah has officially been scared off of ever wanting kids...between HAVING to be home for nap time, Lily's every 3 hour feedings, the misery of having a two year old at any public dining establishment, and Hadley's early bedtime, we rarely left the confines of the Barton home. But we still managed to have a blast...just like we always do.
Sarah, an anxious little flyer, pounding one of our 8am beers...notice I said one. Nothing like a few cold beers and some anti-anxiety meds to create a happy flight. CHEERS!
The precious gal we couldn't wait to meet. Mohawk and all.
Glad to see mom-hood hasn't changed Jame a bit! Exactly why I love her.
Jame and Ken loaded their cupboards with junk for Hadley...and boy was she a happy camper.
Chillin' with Lil. She's such a content little bean. Made me wonder why I ever thought having a newborn was hard and then when I saw Jamie up at 8am with big bags under eyes after being up all night, I quickly remembered.
Good God, what a pasty little twosome.
Giving knucklebumps and blowing it up...over cinnamon Life cereal.
Hadley was oh so helpful with Lily-pie.
More snacks. Sarah asked why I take her shirt off when she eats, I said...'just wait, you'll see.'
Hads was Sarah's little shadow. She followed her around constantly and was either begging to look at pictures of Max the kitty on Sar's cell phone, or dying to help Sar put on make-up. I mean seriously, like a parrot on speed...she wouldn't stop.
Never too young to be taught about self pics.
Obsessed...she was OBSESSED with Lily's swing and shed a lot of tears when she was constantly yanked out to be put in 'time-out'. No means no kiddo, the quicker you learn the easier growing up will be.
Feeling pretty cool in Mama's slippers. By the way, Mama got these UGGs at REI on super clearance...regularly $90...on sale for $54...got em' for $25. Yep, still not over it.
The only time Hadley held still while dining out...ever.
Playing in the snow...it really was gorgeous outside.
Sar and Hadley's pathetic little snowman. They were both pretty proud.
A tired, haggard, mom and a tired, haggard kid. Don't know how single mom's do it, my hat is off to you. After chasing around an almost two year old by myself (I say by myself, not because Jame/Ken/Sarah weren't helpful, but because it's just differant having the other parent around...someone to blame things on, be annoyed with, pawn the kid off on, etc...) anyways, I thought about leaving her with the flight attendants, just for a week or so.
10 comments:
Megan, it's Sarah from swim. :) Your blog cracks me up! I'm dying over the fact that a woman told you Hadley's name was ugly. I guess that's what old hags are good for. Geez! Hope to see ya Monday!
what did you sit next to Mimi on the flight? JK Mims I know you'd never go to Utah. Looks like a great time and as always Hadley is presh. And that Lily, why didn't you sneak her home with you? I'm looking for grandbabies ya know.
These pics are so cute, its about time you did some blogging woman!!!! Next trip to Utah I am renting a kid just to fit in. Kidding Hadley was fun the whole weekend, minus the night that she didn't sleep...and Lily Jay is the cutest best baby. The only part of the trip that sucked was the old hag on the plane...we should have pointed out that she was fat and could barely fit in her seat:)
so many pics it is hard to comment. Love the backwards vest and the chocolate mess, don't know that I "get" the nakedini, do you know about bibs (or necks in the hadley world) Oh well it's alright Gaelin.
I am NOT Gaelin...you're gonna get it Zaide. Necks only work so well...but I got sick of washing those too.
I don't know Sarah but I am guessing this trip was worth at least 5 years of birth control for her. She may never have kids thanks to you Meg. Hilarious! I have to hand it to you. You are brave to go by yourself (no offense Sarah but you could have fled at any moment.) Everything looks like fun minus the beer drinking...why not Starbucks in the AM girls...are you crazy?
who's Gaelin?
Having one other parent there that is actually responsible is So nice. I am sure it was super fun but totally exhausting. I gave up on bibs...Madeline just takes 'em off. no hats, no bibs, no "necks" oh well. She's a WT baby and we're proud.
i kinda think you are crazy for making this trip. but i think strawberry is more crazy.. kidless and all. i kinda have cabin fever from looking at the pics. i do think you are an amazing best friend and it must have felt so good to be with your besties:)
I LOVE this post because we (Kenny too I think??) had SO much fun with the girls! Hearing "Baby?" everytime Hads would wake up in the morning and naps in Lily's crib, or everytime Lily woke up from the night or naps, made me laugh each time...now, maybe if it were the repetition of "What's that?" it may have worn. Ya right! not for me (for Megs maybe!). Thanks to you girls for trekking it all the way down to Mo-Mo Town and surviving...hopefully we fed you enough beers so you'll return and Sar, I promise we'll hit Sundance and the celebrities next time!!!
Post a Comment